ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: a message for today
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:45 pm 
Crown Grade

Zbigniew wrote:
There are many televangelists who are in it for the money.

In my not so humble opinion, Billy Graham was never one of them. His son Franklin has some big shoes to fill but I think he's going to fill them.

Billy Graham needs no character reference from me. He is probably the most influential evangelist this country has produced. I have never been to one of his crusades, but caught two or three on the TV over the years. There is no stain on his reputation as far as I know. People that hate him hate the message. I have several of his books.

I enjoy Franklin. He doesn’t mince words. He is too much Christian for the liberals.

There have been many people saved in an instance of amazing grace at Billy Graham crusades.

I wonder when Peter preached his first sermon on the day of Pentecost if those saved where saved in an instance of amazing grace?

Quote:
Acts 2
41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls

Yes, we need to be careful who we listen to. The only safe way is to read the Bible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

chucka wrote:
Zbigniew wrote:
There are many televangelists who are in it for the money.

In my not so humble opinion, Billy Graham was never one of them. His son Franklin has some big shoes to fill but I think he's going to fill them.

Billy Graham needs no character reference from me. He is probably the most influential evangelist this country has produced. I have never been to one of his crusades, but caught two or three on the TV over the years. There is no stain on his reputation as far as I know. People that hate him hate the message. I have several of his books.

I enjoy Franklin. He doesn’t mince words. He is too much Christian for the liberals.

There have been many people saved in an instance of amazing grace at Billy Graham crusades.

I wonder when Peter preached his first sermon on the day of Pentecost if those saved where saved in an instance of amazing grace?

Quote:
Acts 2
41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls

Yes, we need to be careful who we listen to. The only safe way is to read the Bible.

Yes, I agree. There are very few that I would trust with my soul, those being God the Father, my Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, who inspire and instruct me through the New Testament.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:47 pm 
Crown Grade

Jesus said in Jn 16. “ I will not leave you comfort less...........and when He is come, He will guide you into all truth.