It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parts List for Repairs?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:45 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey,

I have a Yildiz 12ga. O/U (2802-12). While shooting recently, the front hand grip fell off. It looks like it sheared a bolt that sits by the release lever. Without knowing what it looked like before the incident, I cannot confirm that. Currently, the handle will "snap" back into place but will slide forward and fall off. I don't know anyone with one or a local vendor. (Minneapolis, MN, USA) Any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Post subject: Re: Parts List for Repairs?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:00 pm 
Field Grade

Call Briley's in Texas.....They are one ONE warranty station for Yildiz in the US.......If still under warranty Academy will make it good for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:29 am 
Diamond Grade

Briley in Houston is the warranty center for Yildiz, but if its just a broken bolt or screw you can repair that yourself and save the hassle of sending it in.

Try to use SGW's photo posting feature so we can see the forearm iron.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:47 am 
Tournament Grade

One of those screws loosened up on me and I broke it by over tightening. My bad.
The screw has a shoulder and a non-standard head so fashioning a replacement was not easy but I did it.
I emailed Yildiz and they sent me a replacement screw. But my threads were not bad in the hole and I was able to get the broken piece of the screw out. I now use lots of blue loctite. No problems.