It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parker value
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:58 am 
Field Grade

Have come across a Parker VH 20 gauge-26 inch barrel in excellent condition. The case colors are 95 percent and the bluing on the barrels is 99%. It has a dogs head buttplate. The seller will guarantee the gun is original and also will let me get it checked out by Parker experts before purchase. Seller wants around $10,000. Going price or too much?

Post subject: Re: Parker value
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:13 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would go to the Parker Gun Collectors website and they will be able to provide more insight.

http://www.parkerguns.org/

I am no expert on Parker value, but just from perusing on the various sites my gut tells me that is too high. Yes, the 20 gauge carries a premium, but I do not think that high. The VH grade is also one of the lowest grades.

If you have it inspected by a Parker expert, they should be able to tell you its value as well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:03 pm 
Utility Grade

Sounds way to high for a non ejector gun. I was shown a gun very similar to what you are describing a couple weeks ago from under a dealers table at a large gun show. I collect high condition Parkers but this one just looked too good so I remembered the serial number and called a friend of mine at a refinisher in New York he confirmed the gun had been through the shop recently along with another gun of a different maker and same gauge which had been upgraded. One of the other guns he pulled from under the table was the same make, gauge and grade of the upgraded gun. This little bit of information sure opened my eyes to this dealer who swore these were factory original rare and high condition guns. Be very careful out there before spending 10 grand.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:57 pm 
Field Grade

Way too high for a VH, I mean out of the ballpark high! My opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:30 am 
Tournament Grade

If really nice original gun I would not pay over $3000 or so. BB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:40 pm 
Field Grade

boboy wrote:
If really nice original gun I would not pay over $3000 or so. BB

I would gladly pay $3000.00 for a 20 gauge VH with original 95% case and 99% blue any day of the week. If you know where one is -please let me know!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:00 am 
Tournament Grade

I said nice,not a near mint original gun. BB