It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tried to jump ship !!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

We fellas tried the Kolar experience ,wanted to like gun but it just doesn't like me back . I bought the max Lt skeet last spring and no matter what I do it just don't work for me . Bought another K80 a few weeks ago put a new stock on it today and shot the 410 like a champ I only shot 73-75 but I made two dumb mistakes one was high 1 and other was high 3 . But it's pretty apparent I can shoot this gun far better the first time out with it than I can my Kolar in almost a years practice. So I guess I'm Krieghoff for good now . This new prosport k80 is awesome it crushes every target I DON'T take my eye off . Nothing wrong with Kolar it's just not for me .

It's funny how things work I wanted to love that Kolar tried hard practiced hard but my hands must be made for Krieghoffs . It's sad ,nothing feels as nice as a Kolar stock but if it don't translate to hits it pretty much useless to me .

So to all Krieghoff faithful can I come back to the club?

Last edited by Icemon on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Tried to jump ship !!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:45 pm 
Presentation Grade

What are the biggest differences to you in fit and feel between the two guns? What made the kolar feel better ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

Illini Shooter wrote:
What are the biggest differences to you in fit and feel between the two guns? What made the kolar feel better ?

An off the shelf kolar stock has that almost custom stock feel like a Wenig feel they come in right or left hand version I haven't seen any ambidextrous Kolar stocks (not to say they aren't out there ) . They have a nice palm swell scalped real nice for your wrist . You have to handle one then you'll know what I mean . Mine fits me great I just can't find confidence I have with K80s . I think Im to used to a heavier barrel ,maybe its swing dynamics. Either way I can't get the scores out of it . Next time you see one ask if you can handle it they do feel great .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:40 pm 
Diamond Grade

I hear and see several shooter trying Kolars and its taking a long time for those shooters to get to where they where when they quit shooting a Krieghoff. Like in your case, they go back to a gun they are most comfortable with and have confidence in shooting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:11 am 
Diamond Grade

I'm the opposite....tried, and I mean really tried to love a gold SS. Very inconsistent for me. Dumped it and have been shooting my Kolar for three years now. Happy days.

Everyone 'feels' guns a bit differently. Makes it fun and interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:05 pm 
Crown Grade

It took me at least two years after buying my first Krieghoff to feel comfortable weaning myself away from my Kolar tubed 3200 when shooting in competition. I finally did it. It was not the gun, it was my familiarity with the 3200 that slowed me down.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:20 am 
Utility Grade

I had a Kolar trap combo and felt the same way. I love Kolar guns and the fact that they are made in the USA, but couldn't make mine perform for myself. I hope everyone else is different because Kolar makes a great gun that is built like a tank!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Icemon, curious that as a skeet shooter what bbl length ProSport did you go with, 30 or 32?

A buddy of mine shot Krieghoff, went to P for a more dynamic swing, and has landed back to an older (and much heavier than newer K80) Kolar and seems to be shooting very well with it. I agree there is something about weight that works for swing once one has cemented their form; and there seem to be two distinct groups...

With my K80 set up for me the way it currently is, I know when I miss that it's all on me and not the gun...

Congrats on finding your way back home ;)

Human ego will naturally resit change, yet change is the fuel that powers progress...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:59 pm 
Tournament Grade

Jack my prosport is a 30" early wedge style adjustment. I'm really liking it I has a great feel/swing to it .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:59 pm 
Field Grade

Interesting thread. I guess we're all a little different. In my case four Perazzi combos over 20 years then a switch to a new Kolar combo I was very excited about. Couldn't hit anything, scores went down and after nine months of frustration I started back to Perazzi but before I made the deal I shot a friends Kreighoff combo. Today I own a new K-80 combo and things are looking good once again. I tried a new Perazzi Hi Tech but once again the Kreighoff felt and shot a lot better for me so now I'm in the K-80 camp for the duration