It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ADDING A BARREL
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:50 pm 
Utility Grade

I'm not that familiar with Krieghoffs and was wondering if Krieghoffs, when purchased new, have matching serial numbers on barrel and receiver. I'm looking at a used Sporter and was thinking about adding an adjustable rib unsingle barrel. How would this be viewed if
I ever went to sell?

i'm look

Post subject: Re: ADDING A BARREL
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:04 pm 
Field Grade

Almost every K-80 imported in the last 20 or so years does not have matching SNs between the receiver (and the forend metal, which should match) and the barrels. In fact, the SN format between the receiver and the barrels have been totally different for some time now. It's absolutely nothing to worry about.

One of the best things about owning a Krieghoff or 5 is the ability to swap barrels and stocks and receivers to build the perfect gun for your needs and tastes. Of course you want to have a qualified smith do the fittings and check the tolerances....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:16 am 
Tournament Grade

Is it difficult to purchase additional 410 28 and 20 gauge Pro-Sporter barrels,, 30 or 32 inch>????

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:35 am 
Crown Grade

I would suggest you inquire here for accurate information:

Krieghoff International
Address: 7528 Easton Rd, Ottsville, PA 18942
Phone: (610) 847-5173

(Warning: To those that read my posts.)
I don't shoot registered targets so what could I possibly know or have to offer?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:05 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Junnie wrote:
Is it difficult to purchase additional 410 28 and 20 gauge Pro-Sporter barrels,, 30 or 32 inch>????

Not difficult at all. Not cheap however :)

Human ego will naturally resist change, yet change is the fuel that powers progress...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:47 pm 
Diamond Grade

Junnie wrote:

New? Probably not. Sometimes, perhaps.
Used? Very tough. Hard to find - and getting harder as sub-gauge barrels get more popular (again).