Saw this once for Snow Geese breasts and tried it last night for the first time with Venison Fillets .... kinda like a popper.
- Pre-heat grill
- Season fillets with your favorite steak rub or seasoning and allow to set for several hours.
- Lay fillets out flat and add a slice of cream cheese and a slice or two of jalapeno pepper in the middle
- Fold fillets over and wrap with a slice of bacon.
- Season the outside of the bacon with cracked pepper
- Grill over high heat until bacon is crispy
- Do not over-cook
If done right the fillets should be med-rare and just about perfect.
I left the cream cheese and jalapeno out of the ones that I made for the kids, and they love it, but I like little extra that the peppers and cream cheese add to it.