CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grilled Venison Fillets
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Saw this once for Snow Geese breasts and tried it last night for the first time with Venison Fillets .... kinda like a popper.

very tasty

- Pre-heat grill
- Season fillets with your favorite steak rub or seasoning and allow to set for several hours.
- Lay fillets out flat and add a slice of cream cheese and a slice or two of jalapeno pepper in the middle
- Fold fillets over and wrap with a slice of bacon.
- Season the outside of the bacon with cracked pepper
- Grill over high heat until bacon is crispy
- Do not over-cook

If done right the fillets should be med-rare and just about perfect.

I left the cream cheese and jalapeno out of the ones that I made for the kids, and they love it, but I like little extra that the peppers and cream cheese add to it.

I am the NRA, and I vote

"In the eyes of a tyrant, the patriot is a terrorist.." - DCx2

Post subject: Re: Grilled Venison Fillets
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

Might want to switch steps 1 & 2! Could be waiting a while with that hot grill! :)

Sounds very tasty, I've done a similar method using chopped jalapenos or spinach, cream cheese, and crumbled bacon stuffed in a pocket of venison, chicken, or porkchop. Very tasty as well.

Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the- line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right for about $109.95. That's right.

Post subject: Re: Grilled Venison Fillets
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:01 pm 
Utility Grade

One can always sub the cream cheese for a stronger variety- asiago etc.