It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I drank the koolaid
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

Why would the clubs not want you to clean up after yourselves? My club everybody is on their own and everything is on the honor system with little to no regulation.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:06 pm 
Presentation Grade

Because they sell the good hulls. Like AA, STS, Nitro ect.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:37 am 
Tournament Grade

That sounds incredibility shady. That type of non-sense would make me find another club. Boxes of 410 cost $12 bucks so I would be real mad. What a terrible business plan to steal from your customers. That is a great way to make your members dislike the management.

Crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:31 pm 
Utility Grade

Wow, the Lanber sounds like it's just what I've been looking for: a well constructed but affordable o/u for under $1000. dollars. Something to use shoot a round of skeet or two, once a week or so and sporting clays when I can.

If you don't mind telling me, where did everyone get there's? Looks like they're not quite as prevalent as a Remington or Beretta.

Thanks,
Chris S.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:43 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Chris,

Not many to be found at retail... Most of the members here purchased their Lanbers from CDNN Sports out of Abilene, Texas. I would start there, the website is http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ OR try GunBroker at www.gunbroker.com. Thinking you'll find a better deal at CDNN though.. Paid just over 1K for a set of 2097 Sporting Lux's... No regrets, at least not yet!

Let us know if we can be of any help...

Cheers,
OMM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:57 am 
Tournament Grade

Jinpa88 wrote:
Wow, the Lanber sounds like it's just what I've been looking for: a well constructed but affordable o/u for under $1000. dollars. Something to use shoot a round of skeet or two, once a week or so and sporting clays when I can.

If you don't mind telling me, where did everyone get there's? Looks like they're not quite as prevalent as a Remington or Beretta.

Thanks,
Chris S.

After researching for many long months I finally settled on the 2097 lux with 30" barrels and extended chokes for $730 at cdnn. So far I am super happy but it has only been a month so who knows.

Cdnn calls these blemish guns like 'bumped and brused' version but I did not care about the vanity. I just wanted to get the best gun for the buck and I would have been happy to buy used if I could have found a good deal. I am left handed so used guns are hard to find.

So far about 20 rounds of skeet, 2 trap and 1 sc and life is good.

The guys here in the lanber forum are happy to answer questions so ask away if you have any.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:13 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

To the O.P. ,I read yourpost about how you are left handed and do terrible with R.H. guns. I am just pointing out to you that your 2097 is as right handed as it gets with a cast off stock. Is this gun comfortable for you and does it shoulder correctly for you? If it does then good for you but if I were a lefty I might have gone with a neutral stock gun like a Browning Citori if I couldn't find a cast on stock gun ,just for a better fit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:24 am 
Tournament Grade

That is funny I will have to check mine. It feels fine but I have never shot a left handed gun so I do not know the joy of a left handed cast. I did some research to make sure there was no right handed palm swell as that drives me nuts on my dads citori.

My lanber shoulders good and most importantly my eye planes down the rib just like I would like. If the gun has a right cast so be it. Maybe in 5 years or so I will buy a real left handed gun and I will wonder how I put up with the right handed cast all those years. :)

All that being said I got my first 25 on skeet my third time out with the gun. Also now that we all have our own guns we have shot a little trap. I had never shot real trap before and on my 6th round ever I almost shot a 25. I missed the last bird... Nervous I guess. So the gun points great for me and if eel like I am really settling into the fit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:18 am 
Tournament Grade

Jaspo01 wrote:
To the O.P. ,I read yourpost about how you are left handed and do terrible with R.H. guns. I am just pointing out to you that your 2097 is as right handed as it gets with a cast off stock. Is this gun comfortable for you and does it shoulder correctly for you? If it does then good for you but if I were a lefty I might have gone with a neutral stock gun like a Browning Citori if I couldn't find a cast on stock gun ,just for a better fit.

I missed shooting last week because of the holiday so I had not checked the cast until tonight. Sure enough the gun is cast for a right hander.

Ug. I was smart enough to check on the palm swell before purchase but not the cast. In the end i am still happy with the fit and super happy with the gun. I do not know what I am missing but maybe down the road I will get the stock bent.

I shot another 25 tonight and a 96 x 100, so the gun is working for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:05 pm 
Field Grade

[img]pix245935998[/img] Here is a pic of my new 2097 sporting. Hope it works. I got lucky and got a nicely graing dark finish on the wood. Jim
Dang... didn't work. Once I figure it out I'll get a pic up

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hey, how about an update now that you've had a couple of month to get the kinks out. I forgot to tell you that my son has been shooting a Lanber for at least 3 years now. Shoots everything to pheasant to rabbit to skeet with it. He lets me use it when I'm in town visiting. Great gun. Hope yours is doing well for you.

With all the adjustable combs and butt plates out there it's pretty obvious that casts on or cast off is not really a left handed or right handed thing. Soon they will call come as neutral.

Cast seems like an early attempt at getting close to custom without the adaptability of the newer hardware.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

shogan191 wrote:
Hey, how about an update now that you've had a couple of month to get the kinks out. I forgot to tell you that my son has been shooting a Lanber for at least 3 years now. Shoots everything to pheasant to rabbit to skeet with it. He lets me use it when I'm in town visiting. Great gun. Hope yours is doing well for you.

With all the adjustable combs and butt plates out there it's pretty obvious that casts on or cast off is not really a left handed or right handed thing. Soon they will call come as neutral.

Cast seems like an early attempt at getting close to custom without the adaptability of the newer hardware.

So far the gun has worked like a dream. Never a single hiccup or problem. I have put about 10 boxes a week through the gun since I bought it.

I have been lucky enough to pick up some 25s along the way and that is what it is all about.

Only minor complaint is that the factory chokes are not threaded well. They are hard to screw in and out and it makes me feel like I am doing something wrong. On the other hand the tru locks work perfectly.

The cast issue is a downer but who knows maybe if I went to a stock fitter he would say it was perfect.

So far I would very happily recommend the gun to other clay shooters looking for a o/u for less than $1000 that will hold up to clay shooting.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:41 pm 
Utility Grade

I too have drank the koolaid. Very happy that I did too. I ended up with a blem 2097 w/28" barrels ( thats all they have left). Haven't shot it yet, but it feels very similar to the browning citori that I borrowed last weekend and at half the price. Thanks to this forum for all the help in choosing, what I feel is the best deal on an o/u sporting clays gun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:34 pm 
Tournament Grade

Congrats on your purchase. Just remember to give back to the forum and document your experience with the gun as honestly as possible.

I have not a single complaint with my Lanber as of yet. 4 months and probably around 2400 rounds in that time with no problems.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:26 pm 
Field Grade

Been shooting my 2097 sporting for about 5 or 6 months now and must say I am very impressed. I've shot skeet and sporting clays with it and have been steadily increasing my shooting percentages. I'm consistently shooting 70% now. I'm up to around 1500-1800 rounds through it and no problems. I had one issue of not getting the second shot when shooting the bottom barrel first. I think it was operator error as I have not had that issue for quite a while. I don't think I had the gun mounted tight to my shoulder. All in all I like the koolaid.. Jim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:40 am 
Tournament Grade

Well it has been over a year and a safe guess of about 6k rounds. I shoot mostly skeet with sporting and trap mixed in. Still loving the gun and very happy with my purchase. If you are looking for a nice enough o/u I can now feel good about recommending this one. I put mine through a lot more than most casual shooters and it has stood up fantastically.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:18 am 
Field Grade

Thanks for the endorsement! Your recommendation was influential on my purchase earlier this month. The detailed reviews & descriptions of this firearm gave me the info i needed to pull the trigger. Thanks to all in this forum who provide information, reviews, & support. I'm happy with the purchase. I'm sure it will do the job. It would have been nice to have a pricey 'B' gun, but at 1/3 the price, i'm happy with this one.
I won't put near the rounds through mine as you do. I'll shoot clay a few times a year, when visiting my son-in-law & with a local friend, & i'll take it hunting a few times during the season. I'm more likely to put 500-1000 rounds through mine, so it should last me a long time!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

I hope it treats you as well as it has treated me. Happy hunting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:33 pm 
Crown Grade

I picked up a lightly-used 12 ga. 2087 this spring. It has become my primary sporting clays gun.

I've put a couple thousand rounds through it so far with no problems.

One of my better purchase decisions!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:58 pm 
Tournament Grade

i was just talking last night with my dad about how happy i am with this Lanber of mine. i was looking for a gun that would put up with the abuse of heavy skeet shooting but did not cost a lot of money. i think i made a great choice.

We were running some rough estimates and i bet this thing now has 10,000 rounds through it. not bad for $700 gun.