CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lanber Model 2099 w/30" Barrel Trap
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:01 pm 
Field Grade

Being new I purchased this gun and come to find out, at least as far as I can tell, this gun in the state it is in will always fire the bottom barrel first, I assume the modified barrel, so my question here is there a way to make it so it will fire the top barrel without firing the bottom first? Makes no sense to me to force you to use the bottom barrel only when firing one shot at a time. Makes this gun useless for use in singles for the longer distances.

Post subject: Re: Lanber Model 2099 w/30" Barrel Trap
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:04 pm 
Utility Grade

Hope this helps..
viewtopic.php?f=112&t=309320

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would guess that if the safety switch doesn't move sideways or if there isn't some other fairly obvious button/selector/switch on it, then it probably always shoots the bottom barrel first. I suppose you could check their website to make sure.

Are the chokes fixed or screw-in type?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:38 pm 
Field Grade

They are fixed. Looks like the top barrel will never get used by me anyway. Would be nice to have the selection. Stupid way to make a gun. Doesn't seem to me to be a true trap gun as they advertise. Fine if your good with modified or you do doubles. I like the gun a lot except for that. Disappointed to say the least.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:17 pm 
Field Grade

Now I seen another that does have a selector that slides left to expose 1 or 2 dots witch indicates which barrel fires first and its identical to mine however mine is solid so I wonder if I can just order the different switch and change it out. There identical gun the 2099 trap.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jmunsell wrote:
Now I seen another that does have a selector that slides left to expose 1 or 2 dots witch indicates which barrel fires first and its identical to mine however mine is solid so I wonder if I can just order the different switch and change it out. There identical gun the 2099 trap.

My guess is that the work required to the inside of the action would cost considerably more than it's worth to change it to a selectable shooting order.

My recommendation, if you decide to keep the gun, is to have screw-in chokes installed in each barrel. That way you can have whatever choke you want for each shot. It would still shoot the bottom barrel first each time, but you could select what choke you want in each barrel. I would guess it might cost $200 to have this done. That's just a guess. Someone else may have a more accurate estimate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:32 pm 
Field Grade

Yeah I checked that out and the cost if possible due to wall thickness and such is $140 per barrel and $20 to $40 for the choke. Would only make sense to do the bottom but it may be required to do both since if you have a choke inserted in the bottom and fire the top without an insert you would hit the bottom choke. At least I would think. If that is so you would be looking at $280 not including the chokes plus a wait period of 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It's not a problem to shoot one barrel with fixed choke and the other barrel with an extended choke. The only thing is that one side of the extended choke will get pretty dirty (black) from the gasses coming out of the muzzle of the fixed choke barrel, but it cleans off with a little solvent.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:03 am 
Field Grade

OK looking at the CDNN catalog again it says my model has a single selective trigger does that mean I can select the barrel with the trigger??? I'm calling them today to see.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:27 am 
Limited Edition

jmunsell wrote:
OK looking at the CDNN catalog again it says my model has a single selective trigger does that mean I can select the barrel with the trigger??? I'm calling them today to see.

It means there's a barrel selector on the tang - usually integrated with the safety - that you use to select which barrel fires first.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:29 pm 
Field Grade

OK according to cdnn this has no selector to change from barrel to barrel and the ad they put out stating the single selective trigger was a misprint now I'm trying to send it back but I have to speak to the sales manager about this. Bummer cause I like the gun but not if I can't select the barrel I want to shoot from.