It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let Me Share My Rizzini Tale
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

Now that I have cancelled the order and redirected my $$ elsewhere I am going to share with you a tale, a tale of an extremely poor distributor from sales to service and lack of communication and follow through.

So this is my dilemma. I ordered a new Rizzini Fierce 1 Trap Combo and it was a lesson in patience to say the least.

I'll back up a bit first. I purchased a Fierce 1Trap o/u last spring with the understanding I could bring it back at season's end and the dealer would sell it getting all my $$ back and being used as a full store credit as deposit on the combo I wanted. The dealer gave me a great deal. He ordered the combo at the same time I purchased the o/u. Delivery time was to be 5 months according to the distributor ( John Mogle @ Rizzini USA).

Fast forward 5 months. Season is over, bring in my gun to sell. True to his word the dealer sells my gun for what I paid. Full store credit is applied as deposit on the new combo. The distributor says delivery is right on schedule so by the time the gun comes from Italy, clears customs etc I should have the gun before X-Mas.

Well X-Mas gets pushed to April of this year. April comes and no gun? So I call the distributor myself. He says he only received the order three weeks earlier so it will be at least 5 months before delivery again!

So now I am peeved to say the least. It's been one year already and the dealer is sitting on almost $5K of my money!! So to the dealer I go to find out what the *€%# is going on?! He is in shock, he has seen the distributor back in January at Shot Show and is assured my gun will be in for start of the 2016 trap season. He pulls up and prints off all his email correspondence for the order with the distributor dating back to May 2015 to prove to me he has done his due diligence. True to his word he has. The distributor dropped the ball or lied and never placed the order until April 2016!!

So in the meantime I purchase a used gun to see me through the season and here is where it starts getting really juicy. Two of my fellow club members have purchased Rizzini o/u's shortly after I purchased mine and one more fellow purchased one this spring. All three guns are now inoperable as after only an average of 2200-2500 rounds all three guns have damaged firing pins and are punching holes through any ammo using a cheddite primer. Two have been gone for warranty all summer on the dealer's dime(more on this later) and the other is probably going soon as well. The one I had the previous year was issue free.

Now the warranty becomes an issue. The distributor dropped the issue in the factories lap in Italy and they tell my fellow shooters they are too far away to do anything about it?! This is where the dealer stepped in a dealt with it at his cost for his customers! Stand up guy in my opinion but HOLY HELL the factory doesn't think we are too far away to buy them though? And these are not inexpensive guns. The first two were $5200 and the third $3000. My combo is just under $7000.

Delivery was again promised this time for August 2016. Well it's now August and though the dealer sent multiple inquiries the past two weeks no word back from the distributor on if my gun left the factory before Italian workers go on their August long sabbatical. Everything in Italy shuts down for the month of August. They have a statutory month, not day!!! The distributor answers his inquiries whenever he "gets around to it"!!

Now I realize in todays world of target guns $7K is fairly inexpensive for a trap combo but I am a blue collar guy who had to work, save, wheel and deal to order this gun. I just don't have the disposable income for a custom built and fit $15 -$20K trap combo. For me this was a major purchase and a quite exciting one at that being able to save up to this point!

It would going on almost two years by the time I can shoot mine by the time it arrives, if it arrives and last thing I want or need is to lose another season to firing pin issues and warranty rejections!!

So I cancelled the order and the dealer imported me a Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III EELL Trap Combo from Joel Etchen. It was ordered last Tuesday(Aug 2) and I will have it this saturday morning (Aug 13)!!
Now that's service!!

Post subject: Re: Let Me Share My Rizzini Tale
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:28 pm 
Limited Edition

I get the notion that people want to shoot something "different", but with beretta you can usually get it fixed quick if something breaks, and the 680 action is very proven. Good choice!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:45 pm 
Presentation Grade

You have more patience than I. Yes 5-7K is a boat load of money for us working class people. Congrats on the Beretta. Sorry for you friends misfortune, dump them and run never to look back.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:27 pm 
Presentation Grade

I feel bad for the U.S. distributor. I like to support the under dog.
Boehler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:41 am 
Presentation Grade

I spent month agonizing over buying a B. Rizzini sporting clays gun and finally said no. I liked the guns and thought quality was at least equal to Guerini. The current US distributor was pleasant to talk to. He is primarily in the semi-custom rifle business but seems like a good guy. What told me a lot about Rizzini, the company, and not the U.S. distributor was that two
prior U.S. distributors with long track records in the shotgun business, Connecticut Shotgun Company and Cole Firearms, both quickly dropped the U.S. distributor role and will not talk about the reasons. One final thing, before buying a B.Rizzini gun take a look at resale value.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:05 am 
Field Grade

I had a similar situation, custom order for my wife 1/2 down dealing direct with John/Rizzini USA. Was quoted 3-4 months. 9 months later nothing, John kept in fair contact but I could tell he was frustrated with the italians. After just under a year, he made me a great deal on a gun that was in stock. At the SCI show he took me by the Rizzini both to complain, I got the feeling they could care less. They make a since shotgun, I own a couple, but dreading the day one breaks.

William Larkin More was the importer at one time and they had similar issues dealing with the Italians.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:18 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have been working with Rizzini for sometime now. I have many items made special for us. The timing has been about 6-9 months is what I expect. So I can say no issues. Sometimes it is difficult with the timing as you never know what is going to sell when, but that's the way dealing overseas is

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Houston, TX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:52 pm 
Field Grade

John, who is servicing Rizzini and what about parts availability? I own two, like the Guns but with Rizzini service not convinced they will be around for the long haul. Where are they on now, 3rd or 4th US distributor.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:18 am 
Utility Grade

Digodell,

I have had good success in the past getting Rizzini parts from the UK (http://www.shotgun-store.co.uk/shotgun- ... s-51-c.asp).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

Rizzini USA is handling the service work. They do some in house and some they have to send out to a US gunsmith.

I have been handling these for years now and have been very pleased.

What part did you need?

John Boyd
Quality Arms

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

Just wondering, is the outfit your purchase it from a major Rizzini dealer or just a guy with an ffl.

John Boyd
Quality Arms

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:24 pm 
Utility Grade

This is a distressing tale regarding what I had hoped was a capable company looking to gain a degree of respect in the US market. I have one Rizzini and another due to arrive tomorrow. As stated by others, these are not cheap guns by any standard, but if their is no backup or support from the Italian end of the business, it would seem a bad choice to continue to own\buy this particular brand. It may be time to cut my losses and go with a more reputable manufacturer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

I purchased from a dealer who deals with John Mogle (Rizzini USA). In my opinion from conversations I have had with both Mogle and the dealer Mogle is useless as a distributor. His is focused on his tv hunting show so is not giving the distributorship the attention it needs. He leaves orders and correspondence undone for months at a time.