It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help Installing New Hammer Springs in 85TSS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:12 am 
Field Grade

I would appreciate any instructions/advice/tips or tricks on how to install new hammer springs in my SKB 85TSS. I had no problem removing the old ones (sprung springs). It's installing the new I need help with. Thanks.

Last edited by stmana on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Help Installing New Hammer Springs in 85TSS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:17 am 
Tournament Grade

Been awhile since I have done mine but I use a long nose small pair of Vise Grips that I have ground the nose down on. Pad this with a small piece of leather so as not to scratch the spring. Compress and twist to unhook the bottom and a few wiggles , out they come. The LH and RH are different parts and part numbers although they look alike at a quick glance.

Post subject: Re: Help Installing New Hammer Springs in 85TSS - Solved
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:57 pm 
Field Grade

Aha! I was hung up trying to insert the aft end of the spring 1st due to a youtube video which did it that way and used a power tool to snap the fore part in second. However, inserting a new springs is easy with just needle nose pliers if you put the fore part in 1st and the aft end in 2nd. Wow, what a concept...try something in reverse order if the first way doesn't work! :?

Post subject: Re: Help Installing New Hammer Springs in 85TSS
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

I hope I can remember this if I ever have to do it. Good info. {hs#