CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ithaca/SKB 600 question.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I bought a Ithaca 600 on Gun Broker. Upon receiving the gun I realized that this gun had been very little or perhaps never been shot. The first time I used it I noticed after a few shots it got hard to open. After it cooled down it opened fine. I am hoping that this is because it had not been shot much and needed breaking in. Does anyone have an ideas on this. Thanks in advance. RB {hs#

Post subject: Re: Ithaca/SKB 600 question.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:57 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hey Wagonman, I hope you are still around. I have an Ithaca/Skb 600 trap model that I absolutely love. You will find that it will loosen up with time and quite a few shells thru it.

Make sure you put lube/grease(not oil) on the pivot points and along the sides of the extractors.

After about 25,000 rounds mine was pretty loose and I had it professionaly tightened. Now if feels better but even when it would open very easily it always locked up tight. It's a credit to SKB's design.

I also own a newer 85TTS trap combo and just love the design.

Happy shooting..........................................Levi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:15 am 
Crown Grade

Also use grease on the crossbolt. O/Us need grease on pivot points and semi stressed areas. You may need to take the stock off and oil the insides a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:04 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks Much! I appreciate the advice. Just another great reason to go out and shoot more-"Breaking in my gun". RB {hs#

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:16 pm 
Limited Edition

I also have an SKB 600, 20 gauge skeet. The lever is to the left of center a bit and easy to open and close. Can this be tightened up by a general gunsmith or is there someone who specializes in SKBs? I live in CT and have access to a pretty good gunsmith.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

fireguymike wrote:
I also have an SKB 600, 20 gauge skeet. The lever is to the left of center a bit and easy to open and close. Can this be tightened up by a general gunsmith or is there someone who specializes in SKBs? I live in CT and have access to a pretty good gunsmith.

I think if you put this as a post in the SKB Forum you would get a great answer. I know it can be done. RB {hs#