CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Low Recoil Slugs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 am 
Site Sponsor

Hi Guys,
Im Kari from B&P Shotgun shells. Just wanted to inform you guys that we have some excellent B&P 12ga Reduced Recoil 2 3/4inch, 1oz, 1200 fps slugs (200) for $120.95 with FREE Shipping!

www.bandpusa.com

Try them out today for a discounted price of $100.00 for 200 rds +FREE SHIPPING!

This price is not available online, so call me or email me to place your order.

We also have other shells available, Check out our sponsered forum page too.

Not trying to bother you guys, just wanted to pass on a good thing to my fellow shooters :)

-Kari
Kmccormick@kaltron.com
630.350.1116 x 109

Post subject: Re: Low Recoil Slugs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm 
Diamond Grade

Are these foster slugs? Can you give us more details on the slug? Sounds like a great deal for low recoil slugs for 3-gun/Multi-gun matches.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:06 pm 
Site Sponsor

Hi There,
These B&P Slugs are considered a Brenneke slug, not a foster. Although they are similar with the cupping on the bottom to help the slug fly straighter and more precise.

These slugs also have the Gordon Hull System by the primer which reduces recoil by 15%. Definitely, something you might need in a Three gun match! :)

I took some pictures of the slug itself out of the shell case..

You can also check them out on the website: www.bandpusa.com

We also have 20ga slugs!

Happy Shooting!
-Kari

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

Look just like my activ slugs. Tell me how they shoot. I was very interested in those slugs. I like how hefty they look.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:50 pm 
Site Sponsor

Hello again,
These slugs are the most accurate slugs you will find!! Now, what makes the B&P slug very accurate, like all other accurate ammunition is consistency of weight and shape. If the weight is the same every time, or more closely than other manufacturer’s slugs, then the slug hits exactly the same place as aimed every time.

Havent had any complaints or problems ever reported with these.

Hope this helps!

-Kari

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Can this be used in rifled slug guns or is it predominantly a smoothbore round ?
Does it lead badly ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:22 pm 
Presentation Grade

"These slugs are the most accurate slugs you will find!!"

I would like to test some. Canadian/international availability?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:03 pm 
Field Grade

neophyte wrote:
Can this be used in rifled slug guns or is it predominantly a smoothbore round ?
Does it lead badly ?

While I've been shooting slugs only a couple of years, this is the most accurate & consistent slug I have found. It does not pollute the barrel near as much as any other round. At $2.50/5 rounds these are a steal.

Roboslug

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Is it a smoothbore slug ? I would presume it has the same range as the Brenneke K.O. ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:41 am 
Field Grade

neophyte wrote:
Is it a smoothbore slug ? I would presume it has the same range as the Brenneke K.O. ?

I would think this is a smoothbore slug as it is the "Brenneke" style. This is a very soft recoiling load, so I would say 50 yards is the limit (lower velocity?). The "thumbnail" brinell test shows the B & P is similar to the Brenneke K O's and much harder than the plumbers putty Foster slugs of Federal/Remington. Besides depositing very little lead this is a clean burning load also.

Roboslug

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:53 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thank you for your input. I received a couple cases of these slugs and thought you guys would like to have a closer look. No field accuracy test yet I just got them today and there is 10" of snow on the ground. It will be a bit before I try them out at my club http://www.wwcca.com/. I will post my results. They come in a box with ten slugs in each .

As a first blush these slugs are visually quite nice with a hull that has a nice radius for rapid feeding in an auto or reloading in a magazine. I see no problems with these guys feeding quite well.

You will note that as a reduced recoil slug they were focused on a particular application. I presume this is the three gun match competition so prevalent with combat shooters.
They are not advertised as blazing fast slugs (1200 fps) but that does not bother me in the slightest. What it does downrange is my particular interest. Most of my hunting is done within 60-70 yds here in this state (MICHIGAN).

The slug is reminiscent of the Brenneke KO's. I really do not know who was first with the design but I do know K.O.'s work quite well. The B&P have a similar carrier insert wad except theirs is black as apposed to red and the wad compression section is TOTALLY different. The insert portion of the wad assures maximum power transfer and upsets the slug sufficiently to form a tight seal with the barrel. They appear to be a smooth-bore slug, however that does not necessarily mean that they will not do well in a rifled bore. Now leading may be another issue but we will find out in testing. It is NOT a soft lead as in a SLUGGER from what I can see and originally noted by roboslugs comment. If it works in both it is a bonus. The proprietary powder is a distinctive grey color and it is a rectilinear flake (nothing random in size). The shell case bottom sports a black thermoplastic ring that gives the round a distinctive readily identifiable look. (A nice stylish Italian piece of design.) I will be direct and say I have a high regard for Italian gunmakers and their quality and penchant for performance and style . It not surprising that it is reflected in this B&P SLUG load. We will see in a while if my gut feelings are right.

Here are some pics:

These look like they may be ideal load for the wife/daughter/ young son to take out slug hunting
and introduce them to the sport. As for accuracy I will let you know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Just ran a quick file test on some Brenneke slugs. They ARE harder than the B&P. Not
substantially, but B&P are softer. I would presume they would upset more when hitting thin skinned animals (Whitetails).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:57 pm 
Crown Grade

Great preliminary review Neo!!

JC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:18 pm 
Field Grade

Are there any straightforward instructions as to uploading pictures?

Roboslug

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:40 am 
Field Grade

neophyte wrote:
Thank you for your input. I received a couple cases of these slugs and thought you guys would like to have a closer look. No field accuracy test yet I just got them today and there is 10" of snow on the ground. It will be a bit before I try them out at my club http://www.wwcca.com/. I will post my results. They come in a box with ten slugs in each .

As a first blush these slugs are visually quite nice with a hull that has a nice radius for rapid feeding in an auto or reloading in a magazine. I see no problems with these guys feeding quite well.

You will note that as a reduced recoil slug they were focused on a particular application. I presume this is the three gun match competition so prevalent with combat shooters.
They are not advertised as blazing fast slugs (1200 fps) but that does not bother me in the slightest. What it does downrange is my particular interest. Most of my hunting is done within 60-70 yds here in this state (MICHIGAN).

The slug is reminiscent of the Brenneke KO's. I really do not know who was first with the design but I do know K.O.'s work quite well. The B&P have a similar carrier insert wad except theirs is black as apposed to red and the wad compression section is TOTALLY different. The insert portion of the wad assures maximum power transfer and upsets the slug sufficiently to form a tight seal with the barrel. They appear to be a smooth-bore slug, however that does not necessarily mean that they will not do well in a rifled bore. Now leading may be another issue but we will find out in testing. It is NOT a soft lead as in a SLUGGER from what I can see and originally noted by roboslugs comment. If it works in both it is a bonus. The proprietary powder is a distinctive grey color and it is a rectilinear flake (nothing random in size). The shell case bottom sports a black thermoplastic ring that gives the round a distinctive readily identifiable look. (A nice stylish Italian piece of design.) I will be direct and say I have a high regard for Italian gunmakers and their quality and penchant for performance and style . It not surprising that it is reflected in this B&P SLUG load. We will see in a while if my gut feelings are right.

Here are some pics:

These look like they may be ideal load for the wife/daughter/ young son to take out slug hunting
and introduce them to the sport. As for accuracy I will let you know.

Since you cut the shell, safely fire the primer and cut the "Gordon System" in the base. If you don't mind. The B & P site shows some type of flexible base.

Roboslug

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks for the reminder. I took the time to flood the powder and in turn the primer with Kroil
which should effectively eliminate the ignition potential.

However I will remove the primer for safety sake. Safety is NOT an option.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:25 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

CORRECTION MADE ! THANK YOU.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:14 am 
Presentation Grade

Neo, these slugs will Lead the rifled bore. They are smoothbore only, unless you really want to clean leading.
I wish the ammo companies would lube the slugs, but I guess they think we don't notice the Leading.
An Alox Wash would eliminate the problem, but they don't want to do that. Perhaps do like Brenneke, and put it in a Straight Wall wad to keep it off the barrel?
Greg
AKA 12 Bore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

i have used a moly prep paste in a rifled and smoothbore barrel and aggressively put it in on a patch. After wiping out all the visible residue I tried it with lead slugs. The leading was minimal
and what was there came right out. Unless their mix is particularly tacky I presume the results
should be the same.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

.........But then again my rifling lands/grooves are quite smooth and my smoothbore devoid of toolmarks and pitting down its length.