CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester Super X Misfire
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:21 pm 
Utility Grade

Shooting a fairly new(6 Months) Super X2. Love the gun, but on a few occations I'm getting a misfire. Very slight dimple of the primer. Rechamber and it will fire. Have used various shells so I don't think its a ammo issue. Is there a spring adjustment that I or gunsmith can do or is it the nature of the beast? :?: :?: :?:

Thanks,
Dave

Post subject: Re: Winchester Super X Misfire
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The first thing I'd do would be remove the bolt and give it a thorough cleaning. Sounds like the bolt may have some packing grease impeding the travel of the firing pin. Clean the firing pin channel and spring and lightly re-lube before putting everything back together.

Regards,
Dave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:39 pm 
Utility Grade

I've got a Super X2 3.5" that has done the same thing since new. Is yours 3.5" or 3"? Mine doesn't do misfire everytime, usually when the I have a bird all lined up floating in. I can't stand an unreliable gun! It's misfired on 2 3/4" and 3.5" shells. I've taken this thing completely apart and cleaned every moving part in it multiple times with no luck. I called the factory and they suggested changing out the ACTION SPRING. Thats the one in the stock. I replaced it and the HAMMER SPRING for good measure. Took it out shooting skeet this weekend and I had two misfires out of 25 shells. Doing the same thing, small dimple in the primer. I'm lost.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:23 pm 

Make sure that the firing pin return spring that is inside the bolt is not broken. They frequently break and wind inside itself. Then firing can be random.

God Bless America<<<< LINK worth clicking