CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stevens model 67/12 gauge pump -fail to eject
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:18 pm 
Utility Grade

hello to all,
im new here and looking for answers obviously!!
got an ol' model 67 stevens im redoing, and the thing isnt wanting to eject shells. now, i thought i had diagnosed the issue, and replaced the ejector, but alas.....it wasnt the issue. now upon closer inspection, and had i been paying closer attention, it seems, that perhaps the culprit, or should i say culprits, were the extractors. seems they feed the shell nicely into the chamber, and pull it out every time, but once to the rear of the receiver where the shell should make contact with the ejector they go limp and let loose of the shell so that it will not eject from the receiver. now i guess my question is this....does that sound like a reasonable diagnosis or am i missing something? just second guessing my self, and trying to be sure. the little itty bity parts for replacement are a little pricey so id like to get it right. any and all help/advice will be most appreciated.
thank you much!!!

Post subject: Re: stevens model 67/12 gauge pump -fail to eject
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Are the shells sticking in the chamber after being fired? If so, polish the chamber with some steel wool on a wooden dowel with a drill. A couple of minutes with 00 wool will usually solve the sticking shell problem.

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:09 pm 
Utility Grade

ill definitely give that a try. but actually, i havent had it out to live fire yet. i have been cycling spent shell casings through it just like a snap cap, and those tend to stick a little, but this isnt really the problem, but i will do this just to err on the side of caution for certain. my problem really is once the shell leaves the chamber and slides back for ejection, it drops out of the extractors as it hits the ejector and then falls down into the receiver rather than being kicked out and away from the ejection port. like i stated in my earlier post, im pretty sure its the extractors, but i was just looking for some back up on my theory....i do very much appreciate your advice, and will be doing that for certain..thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:07 am 
Limited Edition

When you change extractors, be sure to change the springs. Be careful to not mix them up, they are different. Goatwhiskers