ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Charles Daly forend assembly
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:09 am 
Utility Grade

I picked up an Italian Charles Daly O/U 12 gauge that had a busted up forend. It was cracked, and had a forend iron mounting screw broke off in it. I could not find a true replacement for it, so I took a chance and ordered a Charles Daly forend for a 12 gauge over a medium caliber rifle. Then I sanded out the lower barrel cavity to accept the 12 gauge diameter of the lower barrel. It works great! But...

The new forend utilizes forend nuts instead of just screwing wood screws right into the wood. I found them and the "forend hinge screws" on Numrich, but I am not sure if they are the right parts because I have never seen the right parts. I scoured the internet for a parts diagram. The old Charles Daly website is non responsive. Anyone got a parts diagram, or even a picture of how that forend goes together with the forend nuts?

Post subject: Re: Charles Daly forend assembly
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:22 pm 
Utility Grade

Well, I got it done. It shoots great, thanks for all the views...
Wahmp wahmp wahmp