CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stevens 235 double barrel , replace firing pin springs?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:49 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a stevens model 235 double barrel shotgun. Serial #A17300. I have been told by a gun shop that the firing pins have failed and need replaced. They also told me the shotgun isn't worth paying to have these pins replaced. That may be there opinion. Just wondering any idea how much it might cost. Is it something I could reasonable be expected to handle on my own? By the way I may be the one who broke the firing pins by dry firing it a long time ago when I new less of what I am doing than I do know. (I now have a teenage boy).

Once a teenager, now have a teenager.

WHOA BACK THE TRUCK UP FELLAS
I actually looked at the shotgun and took out 2 small screws and out popped the firing pins. No sign of any springs though. Do all shotgun firing pins have springs?

Post subject: Re: stevens 235 double barrel , replace firing pin springs?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:01 pm 
Crown Grade

The 311 and 5100 have small, light spring under the firing pins to retract the pins when the gun is cocked. Not sure about your 235. The real beast on those guns are the hammer springs that have driven many a gunsmith to drinking the hard stuff.

Post subject: Re: stevens 235 double barrel , replace firing pin springs?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a 235. I believe it is lacking the springs.
Used is the way to go in replacing those.
Search the net.