It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Welcome Midwest Gun Works
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome Midwest Gun Works!

Shotgunworld is pleased to announce the sponsorship of this forum by Midwest Gun Works.
Midwest has long had a reputation for quality gunsmithing, parts and shooting products. Click on one of their banners and see for yourself. When you do make sure you come back here and welcome them to Shotgunworld.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi

What your going to find there is some really neat stuff like their:
Firearm Gallery
Beretta Pro Shop
Browning Firearm Parts

Here's some of Midwest Gun Works services:
Bluing - Standard & Rust
Color Case Hardening
French Grey
Wood Refinishing
Checkering
Stock Fitting
Gold Ovals
Mechanical Repairs
Trigger jobs
Choke Work & Installation
Forcing Cones
Front & Center Beads
Recoil Pads & Spacers
Adjustable Comb & Pad Systems

From Midwest Gun Works...
"We pride ourselves with having the most unique and complete firearms restoration and repair facility in the country. In addition to our long list of services, you will find many unique firearms and accessories as well as thousands of gun parts in our online catalog."

Post subject: Re: Welcome Midwest Gun Works
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:33 pm 

Very impressive products & services offered. Will be a valuable addition to this site and our guests & members.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:01 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Midwest Gun Works,

Welcome to ShotgunWorld.

I just took a quick look at your website and it looks impressive. I particularly liked the numerous gun parts you have. I would have liked it even better if the gun parts list had indicated prices for the various parts. Also, the recommendation for the customer to contact you to inquire about availability of parts indicates to me that a lot of the parts you have listed may not actually be available for sale. As a potential customer, I would much prefer to see the price listed with the parts and if a part is not available, it should be indicated on the list as "unavailable" or "out of stock".

Thanks for your sponsorship and I hope that your decision to join with SGW as a sponsor is beneficial to both you and the viewers/members of this site. Welcome. :D

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

Post subject: re: Welcome Midwest Gun Works
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FYI
Major Announcement! Midwest Gun Works has relocated! Please see the information listed below. Thanks to all of our customers for your patience during the transition!
Effective August 28th 2006 New shipping address, telephone number, and fax number:

Midwest Gun Works, Inc
1101 Mason Circle Drive South
Pevely, MO, 63070
Tel: 636-475-7300
Fax: 636-475-7303
customerservice@midwestgunworks.com

Our business hours:
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. C.S.T.
Thanks Again!
The Staff at Midwest Gun Works

Post subject: re: Welcome Midwest Gun Works
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 pm 
Limited Edition

One word of caution when ordering from MGW or any vendor at this point for that matter!
I ordered a Briley's Extended Duck Commander Choke tube for my 870 a week and a half before Xmas last year. It was ordered to be sent by USPS "Priority Mail". It's January 5th and it has yet to arrive. It was mistakenly misrouted back to Mo. by the NJ post office in Kearny, NJ and subsequently reshipped back my way on 1/1/08. Not that there is anything anyone at MGW could have done to circumvent this unfortunate happenstance. I can say that a couple of the fellas in their customer service department have gone outta their way to keep me in the loop as to what happened. One of them even going so far as to call me last Saturday to keep me up to date and as happy as possible. The fella I spoke to two days ago was less than concerned with my situation and had a "what do you want me to tell you" type of attitude about the situation.
My wife asked me today if I intended to continue doing business with this vendor; to which I replied of course! I just won't waste dime-one on presumably inceased-value shipping with anybody but UPS or FedEx. I have a sibling who happens to be a postal carrier so I can sympathize with the pressure they are under to compete with the aftermarket as it were. But it's my money. And this time my reliance on the mighty USPS resulted in my not having the product I wanted in my barrel before the end of this past year's NJ waterfowl season.
Live and hopefully learn!
BB

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:34 pm 
Field Grade

Impressive line of products.
Quick look, but I liked what I saw.
I'm definately a future customer.
Thank you for your website support.

jisco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:49 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Had them fit my EELL stock to my 682 Greystone. They were communicative, did an awesome job and sent back a gun the fit just like the it did before it left.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I had MGW bookmarked for some Rem Chokes I wanted. I placed the order and was offered a special price on a super full extended tube @ $9.95! The tubes were ordered Wednesday and arrived today. I was very happy with their service.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 am 
Utility Grade

Will try them for a choke job on a Ithaca 200e

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:28 am 
Limited Edition

I delivered my SPII to MGW this week for a rebuild/tighten action of O/U. Three week turnaround quoted. Will write a review upon completion.

"Hope my wife never sells my guns and gear when I am gone for what I told her I paid for them."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:36 pm 
Limited Edition

I just picked up my Beretta SPII on Friday April 6th. I did call the week before to check on the repair and was told they would expedite the repair as I was in the third week of the repair. No big deal however I did ask for the confirmation email for the repair since I had yet to receive it. It arrived in my Inbox before I hung up the phone. When I picked up the SPII is was professionally boxed and the employee explained the entire repair thoroughly. The repair estimate was $275 however the final cost was $319. Not a big deal however $25 was for the test fire of the firearm which is not optional. I can understand this however providing that cost in the quote would have been easier to digest. I will fire the SPII no later this week when I attend a registered shoot. The top lever is now sitting to the lright and the action feels almost like brand new.

"Hope my wife never sells my guns and gear when I am gone for what I told her I paid for them."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:42 am 
Limited Edition

Shot my Beretta SPII that was repaired at MGW. No issues. I would do business with them again if needed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:48 pm 
Utility Grade

Pity they don't ship international....one of the few suppliers of winchester barrels for the 1300

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:35 pm 
Field Grade

Just got my Citori Gti back from MGW after tightening the action and new springs. Great work at a decent price. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:34 pm 
Tournament Grade

Great guys over at MGW!