It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning 725 FTF second round DEFINITION...(Now with PIC)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:44 pm 
Utility Grade

For those that are familiar, I am not describing a lite strike on a primer... This is a failure of the trigger action to cycle properly for the second round to fire on the second pull of the trigger...

For the above image, both hammers are cocked.. Sears are engaged to only hammers, and disconnector is behind trigger.

In a normal case the trigger will push up the connector, pushing up the BLOCK, and the block will push up the rear end of the sear, which releases the front end of the sear from the hammer... hence firing the hammer... NOW the back end the sear is resting on the BLOCK. The connector now has to be moved to the rear of the gun to release the block from the rear end of sear. The DISCONNECTOR should have been poped up by the hammer spring, and in doing so slid on the front of the connector and moved it back. The sear gets released and will move forward out of the way. The connector will also move forward, with the release of the trigger and the BLOCK can now push up on the second sear...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuXZe2Qpbyk SKIP to 40 seconds.

I believe what browning tried to do is two things to make the disconnector, rise UP and hence nock the connector/BLOCK off of the sear... They put a bulge in the middle of the hammer spring, so when the spring goes forward the bulge will nock into the disconnector (which is above the spring) and the sear will get released. The second thing they did was to lighten up the disconnector... Mine is a gen2 and has MORE metal removed from it than the original. BTW - if you have a 725... take the stock off... cock it , do not load with shells, fire both hammers... You should see the second sear still held up by the BLOCK... If you raise the disconnector just a bit, the sear will disengage from the BLOCK and spring forward...

I believe the sear gets stuck on the block, BUT why? And with it stuck , the block cannot move forward and release the second sear... And when the trigger is pulled again its just lifting the first sear over and over again...

A side facts: some one here at this site, removed the disconnector from the action... And it fires correctly without the disconnector... There is a youtube video... Interesting to watch...

SO why the failure ??? I believe the rear end the the sear is flat and sharp like the front part of the sear... The front needs to be flat and sharp to hold the trigger securely and not cause a premature fire... But the back end of the sear needs to be just lifted and released from the block..
I think the back end the the sear needs to be rounded so it can't get stuck...

In any case the disconnector fails to release the sear...

Some people here are also thinking the trigger is getting trapped by the shooter... I have to say that the way the trigger is bent (twisted to the right) to make a more finger friendly platform that some failures are caused by the shooter not releasing the trigger enough... too much of your finger is on the trigger and does not get released...