It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: O/U Firing Pin Maintainance - With Photos
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

I found this very helpful. I have just finished cleaning the firing pins on my 725 Sporting.
The lower pin was quite dirty but the upper pin had hardly any dirt on it.

This thread made the job very easy, thanks for sharing this information.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:18 pm 
Tournament Grade

I realize this post is 7 years old, but this is really fantastic info. I've got an older Citori that I bought used, and it's generally in great shape, but every 500 shells or so the trigger would get stuck after the first shot. I assumed the internals were gunked up somehow, and while I didn't want to take it to a gunsmith for what was probably a trivial problem, I didn't want to start dismantling the thing without clear instructions on how to do it. This was just what I needed to know.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:42 pm 
Utility Grade

I just bought a used browning citori that was functioning fine. However after dry firing it, I can't get the gun to function anymore.

I've been searching blogs about the potential problem and ended up here . I think it is related to the hammers within the receiver. Or the receiver itself not re-setting.

Please if anyone knows about the Browning Citori trigger mechanism, contact me. I've spent at least 5 hours trying to research this problem and I feel that due to my lack of experience w/ o/u shotguns I may be missing something easy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:50 pm 
Crown Grade

Describe your problem in more detail. Are you fully opening the gun after dry firing? If so, is the safety off and you pull the trigger, can you hear a click? After bumping the butt of the gun on the floor to reset the trigger, can you pull the trigger and again hear a click?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

Old thread but great info. Just replaced pins in my 725 with JB pins. Thanks for the good instructions Mr. Wood, it made it easy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6