CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Summit Trap Finish Problem
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:52 am 
Utility Grade

I am looking for some info. I remember reading here on this forum quite a while ago about some of the summit trap models having a problem with the finish peeling off. Which is a warranty issue and Caesar looks after it no problem.
I have a summit trap that I purchased last fall, and about a month ago I noticed that the finish is peeling on the rear end of the forearm. (On the inside of the radius that slides around the front of the receiver when opening and closing the gun)

My question is, has anyone here actually had this problem? and if so, how was it handled by Caeser Guerini? I have read that they are fixing it by refinishing and the results are A++, but what I am wondering is what were the turn around times, and was the gun refinished in the USA or Italy?

I am in Canada and we do not have the "Pitstop" program available to us. I am in the middle of going through the channels of sending my gun in, but they are telling me that it will probably be going to Italy and won't be returned for 8 months. :(

Any info about possibly a place in the USA that is doing Caesar's refinishing would be great. (Less turn around time for me)

Thanks

Last edited by Fire306 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Summit Trap Finish Problem
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:31 pm 
Crown Grade

One of my shoot buddy has a Summit trap. We both got the about two week apart. My gun no trouble. His gun started to have a very small color change and peal on the receiver. He sent it back to CG. CG sent it back to Italy. It took 4 month and he go the gun back. The same gun refinish. The finish came back light the the original color. Still nice but difference.
We both like it and so far no trouble with his gun or my gun. 30,000+ round and counting

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Kraiza are you saying the gun finish came back "lighter" than original.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:52 pm 
Crown Grade

Yes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:18 am 
Utility Grade

Well 4 months sound a heck of a lot better than 8.
Hopefully the 8 months was a worst case scenario they gave me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:32 pm 
Limited Edition

I just sent my Summit Ltd. back to CG for the same reason, clear coat peeling off (really bad too). They should receive it tomorrow. They quoted me that it will be covered under warranty but 3 months turn around time to send it to Italy and get it back. Stay tuned........

(BTW, they send guns to Italy the first of each quarter so plan your repair accordingly. Jenny now handles returns and so far, she has been terrific!)