CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: date of manufacture
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

how do you determine date of manufacture on CG gun via serial number etc, i dont mind a used gun but dont want to pay premium $$ for an 06 model with .725 bore.
So i want to make sure that even if i buy new it is this model not a couple of yrs old.
For sure want .735 bore and want to be sure of date of manufacture before i buy.
TIA

Post subject: Re: date of manufacture
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:16 pm 
Presentation Grade

The date codes are easier found in the proof code on the bottom of the barrels in a box. There is no reference that I am aware of by serial number for most of the Italian guns.
This link to an earlier post has the date code / proof mark explanation.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=73492

If you are worried about getting a smaller bore each barrel is marked near the rear (should be 18.6 - 18.7) and the chokes should say Maxis.

--- Chip King ---