It is currently Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Class ratio
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

I just recently punched up into a new class. I've shot two events in the new class. On the NSCA website I see my class ratio is .5789. What exactly does that mean? I can find no explanation of class ratio on the website nor in the rule book. Thank you

Post subject: Re: Class ratio
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:27 pm 
Diamond Grade

Basically it is rank in class - a modifier to be used in conjunction with punches to determine who will be offered down-class at year-end. Google "nsca class ratio" to bring up the explanatory page that the Association sent out earlier this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:28 am 
Field Grade

mwr01 wrote:
Basically it is rank in class - a modifier to be used in conjunction with punches to determine who will be offered down-class at year-end. Google "nsca class ratio" to bring up the explanatory page that the Association sent out earlier this year.

So does that mean if you have a .059 ratio there are 41% of shooters in class that shot better than you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:36 am 
Diamond Grade

fal777 wrote:
mwr01 wrote:

So does that mean if you have a .059 ratio there are 41% of shooters in class that shot better than you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:46 am 
Diamond Grade

Sorry the system keeps kicking me out when I try to add text to a quote.

I think that a CCR of .059 means that approximately 4.1% of shooters in your class have a higher average ranking than you do, i.e., you are in the top 6% of your class.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:23 pm 
Limited Edition

From the NSCA web site:
https://nsca.nssa-nsca.org/2016/09/11/n ... -for-2016/

"A shooter’s average finish is represented by the Current Class Ratio (CCR), which is the average of their RNK (on the shoot history web page) for all shoots in their current class. The lower a CCR, the higher the shooter generally places and vice versa. Therefore, down-classing will be offered only to shooters with insufficient punches whose CCR is greater than 0.700, or an average finish in the bottom 30% of their current class. All other criteria will remain the same as recent years."

So the CCR is sort of an inverse of the shooter's finish. Low numbers are better than high numbers. Therefore, a CCR of 0.5789 means 58% of the shooters are better.

CZ Sporter Stnd Grade
Fabarm XLR5 LR
Caesar Guerini Summit Limited
Michigan Shooting Centers
Good Soil Discipleship, Discipleship 101, Patriarchs Blog

“With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone” - Oscar Wilde

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thank you. Now I understand