Shotgun Forum banner

Moving down in class percentage

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mwr01 
#1 ·
What is the rank threshold they use to move you down in class ?
http://www.nssa-nsca.org/index.php/2014 ... -review-2/

"AA-D Class shooters with 0 punches earned for the year 2014 and have a rank in class percentage to be determined by the Rules and Classification Committee"

One of the criteria they use to move you down is the rank percentage but it says TBD. Does anyone know the rank percentage they used in the past or how it works? E.G. anyone in the bottom 25% moves down, etc.?

#6 ·
If you are down-classed (as unplugged says) just refuse it if that's your wish. If you think you're in too low a class , enter your next shoot in a higher class.

The rules contemplate that you will HELP the organization in classing yourself correctly, up or down , except M class. If your ego temporarily over-extends your ability and you're in too high a class , you can ask for a lower class --in writing-- after 1000 targets.

Really easy, and NSCA is easy to work w/ on these issues. The one thing they do not want is you shooting in D class if you are a good shooter w/ lots of experience (ie a sandbagger). If you are classed too high , you pay the price by getting whooped over and over.

#7 ·
unplugged said:
Why does it matter? You can refuse any downclass! And you can DECLARE any class except Master!!
Those "re-classifications" are ONLY a SUGGESTION!! Not a rule..
Thanks but, I was just wondering how the NSCA makes the determination, not why or what you can do about it, e.g. how the % cutoff for downgrading in class is defined?

#9 ·
One class down is it. I "think" the staff presents the Classification Committee the statistics at the annual meeting in SA in January of each year. I suspect they present several possibilities such as 15, 20 or 25 percent will go down in class. It is then up to the committee to decide what percentage will be used. If anyone knows how this works for sure, please post here.

#10 ·
1958jr said:
can someone get downgraded more than one class, e.g. can an AA or master class shooter get down graded to B?
The rules (III. A. 4.) do not appear to explicitly prohibit such an action; therefore I presume that multi-level down-class is possible. However I've never known of a shooter moving down more than one class, either voluntarily or based on year-end review. Albanygun or Sera might be able to provide some insight, or you could contact NSCA directly.

(edit: see albanygun one above.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.