Shotgun Forum banner

Win AA wads vs there clones

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Spyderdaddy 
#1 ·
Who would you say has the closest match to the original Winchester AA 12 ,WT 12 & Winchester AA SL wad.I have tried the Claybuster clones and find the cushion section to stiff .The shot cup petals to thick. They DO NOT pattern as well as the original Win AA 12 or the WT 12 or the Win AA 12 SL in my guns.The Claybuster's are the only clones I have tried & was rather displeased in there patterns.Does anyone know of a clone wad that would work better for me?

#2 ·
Being that the WT12 is an actual WAA12 clone, although still made by Winchester, why not stick with that one? It patterns good in your gun, and it still offers some savings over the WAA12.

The CB wad is the only one that I have seen that is a duplicate of the Win products. IF your really needing to cut costs, perhaps try a different style of wad, like the Duster, or the Downrange products, and see how they pattern for you.

#3 ·
The 12 gauge Duster wads appear to be a clone of the Winchester AA type wads.How do they compare to the Winchester wads? I have no problem using the WT 12 wads for my 1-1/8 oz loads . I like everyone else am looking for a wad to load 7/8 to 1 oz target & hunting loads since lead shot has skyrocketed in price.I can't see saving money on wads if I can't beat promotional loads.I load mainly load Remington & Winchester hulls for targets.

#6 ·
Another vote for the Dusters. The Green Duster replaces the WAA12SL, and the Blue Duster replaces the WAA12. Furthermore Hodgdon has it in print that the Dusters can safely be substituted for the Winchesters.

My personal experiences with then over the past 3 years or so has been great. Price is right and the performance is great.

DLM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.