It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Pay it Forward?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:49 am 

Hey guys, I was thinking that I have a bunch of reloading stuff sitting in my basement that I don't use and was wondering if we wanted to start a little "Pay it Forward" program for guys like me to share the wealth.

I would especially like to help out the newer reloaders but I have wads, charge bars, some bottles, etc. that I would much rather prefer to share with this group than sell for a few bucks on eBay.

Thoughts on this? Would people be interested? Does anyone propose any guidelines? I would like to avoid having someone join the forum just to get free stuff so maybe have a min post count or have been registered for a certain amount of time?

What do you all think....

Post subject: Re: Pay it Forward?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:59 pm 

Just so everyone knows the pay it forward concept has you post a list of items you possess that have limited usefulness but you can't bring yourself to throw away. If someone can use one of your items they post in the thread claiming "dibs" and PM you with forwarding information. No money changes hands; the member offering the item is responsible for shipping it. For fair use of the concept, if you claim "dibs" and don't have any offers posted please include an item to be offered in your "dibs" post.

Make sense?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:37 am 
Diamond Grade

SShooterZ-

This makes a lot of sense for the reloading forum on SGW. Items posted should all be reloading stuff.

Items for P.I.F. should be posted in a single long thread, instead of separate threads.

A good working example that has been continuing for almost four years is the thread in 24hourcampfire.com: LINK

--Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:46 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have seen a similiar concept on www.plantedtank.net which is an aquarium forum. Their term for it is "RAOK" - Random Act of Kindness. There, it is up to the person offering the item(s) if the receiver pays shipping or not (usually the shipper receives shipping cost via PayPal).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

I would like to see this happen. I am just getting back into reloading shotshells after about 18 yrs. Have been reading my old Lyman 3rd edition, a newly purchased 5th edition and here. I am trying to get back into 12 ga. and adding 20 ga. to that. Just purchased a 600 jr. off ebay that needs a few parts and brought out the 600 jr. for the 12 which needs a few parts. Right now I am comparing data to try to minimize my powder and wad investment. The biggest confusion is in hulls. They have changed some it seems. So many different names to digest.

Sorry for rattling on but I think this is a great idea. Between the info on the site and a cheap way to experiment with added guidance from those who have used the components first hand.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 pm 
Field Grade

I too think it is great. I found an old MEC 650 in an old barn bout to collapse and salvaged it pollished it and have been reloading ever since. I have recieved used parts for it from other reloaders for a tad cheaper price than I would have had to pay on an aution site. This idea sounds great for those of us who can't afford to buy new parts. I tell you if I hadn't found that reloader I would have still been buying new shells only when I would go on a hunt now I reload my own and have picked up the habit of clays every couple of months and it's just a good feeling knowing I reloaded my own and especially when I hit the doubles with my own shells

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:01 am 
Field Grade

I think it's an awesomw idea!!--especially since I'm a new reloader. I have a mec 600 mk 5 and would love anything that could be tossed my way. like an older lyman's or something. Thanks for being generous!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:56 pm 
Diamond Grade

OK, I'll try to start this out. Longer description than normal for Pay-It-Forward stuff, but I want to get rid of these and also want the taker to know what they're getting.

My PIF item is a lot of about 500 Federal 12-gauge 2-3/4-inch hulls, "One-Piece Hunting-Type Plastic Case".

These go to the first person to post dibs and who also posts a PIF reloading item.

As part of the PIF deal, I'll pay shipping to USA. Send me a PM with name and shipping address after you make your "I'll take them" forum post.

These are the Federal hulls with an integral plastic base wad; 6-point crimp; brass-plated steel head; largest internal volume of any currently manufactured hull.

Once-fired, never wet, but are dusty. Probably used in LE training. Labelled 00-buck. BPI sells these in new, unprimed form for about $15/100.

Federal gives a few recipes from 1-1/4 ounce through 1-5/8 oz: http://www.federalpremium.com/pdf/FP294_ShotshellReloadingData.pdf

--Bob

(Mr. Moderator, if the format is not correct, let me know and I'll fix it. Thanks.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:03 pm 
Field Grade

I'LL TAKE EM!!!

Can I use the Green Duster wads or CB1100 wads for these? I also have some wads designed for straight walled hulls DownRange Wads (DRF3) but these seem loose in the top guns as did the green duster ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:13 am 

kgp912kgp do you have something to "pay forward" the hulls?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:37 am 
Diamond Grade

kgp912kgp wrote:
I'LL TAKE EM!!!

Thank you for taking these and helping clean up the reloading room. Send me a PM with your mailing/shipping address and I'll ship these hulls as soon as you post some reloading item(s) to give away and ship to another person.

I'll include tested reloading data from Alliant and from Federal.
--Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:19 pm 
Limited Edition

I have a 12 ga Lee Loadall 2 that was given to me and have no use for. It came with a bag of #6 shot so I took it. I never set it up so don't know if it's all there but there is a lot of little parts. It's free to a good home. Looked at it when I got home and it's missing part of the primer seater.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:55 pm 
Field Grade

Honest mistake!!!
I misunderstood the thread's rules. They are for the next reloader who can come up with something to give. If they are still here when I have found something to give I will let you guys know.

I apologize!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

STILL AVAILABLE: 500 Federal 12-gauge 2-3/4-inch hulls, "One-Piece Hunting-Type Plastic Case". See description six posts above.
--Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

SShooterZ,

Do items offered need to be "shotgun reloading related only" or can it be just about anything hunting or shooting? For instance, I have several trigger locks lying around, and frequently have assorted rifle brass that I don't need. I also have other metallic reloading accessories that are in the way in my reloading room.

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:27 am 

I'm OK with it if the other folks are. Trigger locks though I think you can get for free from just about any of the manufacturers. Brass and metallic reloading stuff though I am sure would interest a member or two on here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:11 pm 
Field Grade

bdicki wrote:
I have a 12 ga Lee Loadall 2 that was given to me and have no use for. It came with a bag of #6 shot so I took it. I never set it up so don't know if it's all there but there is a lot of little parts. It's free to a good home. Looked at it when I got home and it's missing part of the primer seater.

Bdicki, I will take the Load-all. I'll pay shipping.
To play it forward I have a set of Hornady .243 Win FL dies with shell holder
Rmfcasey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:09 am 
Limited Edition

PM your address and I'll get it out to you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 am 
Field Grade

bdicki wrote:

PM sent,
Thank You

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:40 am 
Limited Edition

Rmfcasey wrote:
bdicki wrote:

PM sent,
Thank You

I shipped this morning. Just use your shipping money to ship your stuff, I'll pay this shipping. I PM'd the tracking number.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next