ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Pay it Forward?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:31 am 
Crown Grade

Free to a good home: Garmin etrex Legand Cx hand-help GPS unit.

(the grey one shown in the back) :

Unit is barely used, and has fresh new Energizer AA batteries in it. It is very durable.

It has firmware 2.60, and there is 3.40 available for it, but I can't get the Garmin Webupdater to work.

See comments at the bottom of this thread: https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 4&start=40

PM me as mailing address, and it's yours.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:01 pm 
Utility Grade

Republican,
I'm new (registered last night) and I haven't been a member long enough tho PM through the site. However, if the garmin is still available, I'd like to try it. I just don't know how long before I can PM you unless it's allowed to answer you if you PM me.(??)
Thanks,
kjkisd

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:07 pm 
Crown Grade

kjkisd wrote:
Republican,
I'm new (registered last night) and I haven't been a member long enough tho PM through the site. However, if the garmin is still available, I'd like to try it. I just don't know how long before I can PM you unless it's allowed to answer you if you PM me.(??)
Thanks,
kjkisd

I got the PM, - I'll send the unit out to you in the morning.

I did get the Webupdater to work, and the firmware updated.

But it does have a problem: the internal clock battery is dead, so when you first turn it on, the date comes up with a random year, sometimes in the future, and sometimes in the past.

But, and as mentioned on all of the Garmin forums (for that model), if you leave it on long enough, the date does eventually does right itself, and sync's up with the satellites for the correct time. That process takes anywhere from a couple minutes, to 20+ minutes.

But as soon as you turn the unit off, that date is lost, and is not saved.

But other than that, it's a great unit, and I hope you put it to good use.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:48 am 
Tournament Grade

MEC 9000 (first model with chain) primer feeder. Seems to be in good shape but I have never used it.

Gone. I got tired of tripping over it and in the recycle bin it went.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:47 am 
Field Grade

rebcussion wrote:
MEC 9000 (first model with chain) primer feeder. Seems to be in good shape but I have never used it.

Gone. I got tired of tripping over it and in the recycle bin it went.

Wish I wudda seen this earlier. Day late dollar short my motto

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8