ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Win. Super Target
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:14 pm 
Field Grade

Winchester Super Target

I've been saving these hulls, hoping to buy a reloader. Now's the time, but I'm not sure if these can be reloaded. Anyone have info for these? I'd appreciate it...

-B

Post subject: Re: Win. Super Target
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:40 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

I think I know now what that hull is, if it is of recent production (last 5 years) they are the same as the SuperSpeeds as far as internal capacity/construction is concerned. Frankly, with the Remington Shurshot/game/sport/gunclubs available at no cost either, I would toss the ST's in favor for the Rems.

Not that the ST's aren't loadable, they just won't be near as friendly. Weak sidewalls and a poor memory crimp for starters, but I believe they use the same data as a new AA.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:11 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

dear brianN
if you have a bunch of them, load them once and toss 'em. most AA info will work in the win poly hull. they are soft, cheap and don't load many times, but if they were free, load 'em up!
i love cheap hulls. i toss 'em and don't feel guilty. i HATE tossing sts and gm's!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:45 am 
Field Grade

Thanks -

I figured they were cheap. Did'nt expect to reload them more than once. These are hulls I bought and shot. Since then I've been buying the AA Sporting Clays, so I should have a few of those shortly. I'm the only one at my local club shooting trap with a 20 gauge, so if I want hulls I have to shoot them first.

-B

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:57 am 
Limited Edition

Brian: What load are you using for the 20ga trap? Or I should say reload.?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:04 pm 
Crown Grade

I'm with TexasTon: The Remingtons, though "cheap" are absolutely magnificent hulls to reload.

Now don't go out and pitch your hulls because the Remingtons are a bit better, load em and then chuck them. That's what I do with the "crap" I have.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:11 am 
Field Grade

Claybird-

I'm putting together my first load. Just started the research, and found the following info for a 7/8 oz. 1200fps. 15.5 grains Universal, win 209 primer, WAA20 wads. This is for AA hulls, but my local shop says the info will work for these Super-Target hulls as well. I'm looking for 1275fps, but I think I'll start a little slower. I still need to find MEC # 20 and 21 charge bars.

-B

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:34 am 
Limited Edition

Brian. Sounds like your load is close to what I use for skeet. I think you mean Bushings, not charge bars. Good luck :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:20 am 
Field Grade

Yea, you heard what I meant - I'm still new to it all. Wishing I'd started sooner, but my wife is a full time student. Buying new shells is false economy, but convincing her of that is a little tricky. I worked out the initial cost including the Mec at about $250. Not too bad. I know the Mec will be a little slow, I can live with it for now. Glad to hear that my load makes some sense. I was afraid I'd raise some eyebrows. :roll:

-B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:49 am 
Crown Grade

Brian,

You said the MEC would be a little slow? What model do you plan on purchasing?

I have an 8567 Grabber in 12ga that is anything but slow. I can crank out ammo like nobody's business on that thing.