It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mec 9000 upper cam bracket
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:36 pm 
Field Grade

The upper cam bracket on my 28 gauge 9000g is catching and then releasing from the lower cam bracket on the downstroke. Doesn't do it all the time but does it alot. What adjustment can I make?

Post subject: Re: Mec 9000 upper cam bracket
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:29 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

First loosen the bolts on the side of the side plate indexer, (#53) and rock any slack forward pulling the side plate forward at the top, rocking all slack in a forward motion. Hold in place while tightening mounting bolts.

Most often that will cure the problem. Also the eccentric nut on bracket #70 (Actuating Bracket), may need adjustment. One or both of these will fix your problem.

DLM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:47 am 
Crown Grade

At least on my well used 9000, I find that the eccentric nut adjustment works as the Mec instructions say, BUT, it kind of seems like it just won't adjust quite far enough. (The problem gets gets better, to a point, as you turn the nut, but you turn it further and it gets worse again) Doing as DLM suggests gets you back in range. You can rotate the nut and get later (or earlier) tripping of the bracket.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:19 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for the help. I ended up replacing the slide bracket and spring along with some adjustment of the eccentric nut. Seems to be ok. Haven't given it a good workout yet.