It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Any 20 ga 3/4 oz Vectan D-20 data?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:20 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:42 pm
Posts: 394
Location: Between Los Angeles and San Francisco
I see that there is two loads listed for Vectan D-20 in 2-3/4" 20 ga Cheddite hulls. Is there any Vectan D-20 Powder 20 ga 3/4 oz data available out there?

Or is Vectan D-20 not a good powder for 20 ga 3/4 oz loads?

Thanks for any help or for giving your opinions.




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any 20 ga 3/4 oz Vectan D-20 data?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:47 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Posts: 10269
Location: Covington, WA USA
derbyacresbob wrote:
I see that there is two loads listed for Vectan D-20 in 2-3/4" 20 ga Cheddite hulls. Is there any Vectan D-20 Powder 20 ga 3/4 oz data available out there?

Or is Vectan D-20 not a good powder for 20 ga 3/4 oz loads?

Thanks for any help or for giving your opinions.

Well, you can simply take those two (7/8th's oz) Cheddite hull loads with D20, and just reduce payload to ¾ ounce.

But I suspect that's not what you want to do, and what you are asking about, is if there are any ¾ ounce loads with D20 in taper hulls (such as Remington and AA HS hulls), right ?

In which case I's say that you can "prolly" guess at a safe charge weight for ¾ oz. in taper hulls w/ D20.

But Vectan's "official" powder for 20-gauge ¾ (and 7/8th's) is A0 and A1. Three are lots and lots of ¾ ounce and 7/8th's 20-gauge loads for taper hulls employing Vectan's A0, and A1 in their reloading manual found here:

https://www.grafs.com/uploads/technical ... ile/20.pdf

And their bushing chart here :
https://www.grafs.com/uploads/technical ... ile/23.pdf

Think of A1 as their Green dot equivalent/International equivalent, and A0 as their Unique/Universal replacement.

I use A1 myself in 20-gauge ¾ oz in taper hulls, (because I have an abundance of it), but I also have, and used A0 (mainly for 7/8th's oz 20-gauge), but for ¾ oz in taper hulls as well.

Capitalize on the free HAZMAT deal at Graf & Sons, and get some of each (A1 & A0).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any 20 ga 3/4 oz Vectan D-20 data?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:54 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:42 pm
Posts: 394
Location: Between Los Angeles and San Francisco
Thanks for the great reply Republican! The next time I make a order I will get some A1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any 20 ga 3/4 oz Vectan D-20 data?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:33 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:06 am
Posts: 3140
Location: UK, England, Britain
Republican wrote:
derbyacresbob wrote:
I see that there is two loads listed for Vectan D-20 in 2-3/4" 20 ga Cheddite hulls. Is there any Vectan D-20 Powder 20 ga 3/4 oz data available out there?

Or is Vectan D-20 not a good powder for 20 ga 3/4 oz loads?

Thanks for any help or for giving your opinions.

Well, you can simply take those two (7/8th's oz) Cheddite hull loads with D20, and just reduce payload to ¾ ounce.

But I suspect that's not what you want to do, and what you are asking about, is if there are any ¾ ounce loads with D20 in taper hulls (such as Remington and AA HS hulls), right ?

In which case I's say that you can "prolly" guess at a safe charge weight for ¾ oz. in taper hulls w/ D20.

But Vectan's "official" powder for 20-gauge ¾ (and 7/8th's) is A0 and A1. Three are lots and lots of ¾ ounce and 7/8th's 20-gauge loads for taper hulls employing Vectan's A0, and A1 in their reloading manual found here:

https://www.grafs.com/uploads/technical ... ile/20.pdf

And their bushing chart here :
https://www.grafs.com/uploads/technical ... ile/23.pdf

Think of A1 as their Green dot equivalent/International equivalent, and A0 as their Unique/Universal replacement.
+1
I use A1 myself in 20-gauge ¾ oz in taper hulls, (because I have an abundance of it), but I also have, and used A0 (mainly for 7/8th's oz 20-gauge), but for ¾ oz in taper hulls as well.

Capitalize on the free HAZMAT deal at Graf & Sons, and get some of each (A1 & A0).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any 20 ga 3/4 oz Vectan D-20 data?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 17323
Quote:
Think of A1 as their Green dot equivalent/International equivalent, and A0 as their Unique/Universal replacement.


Would they then also work for metallic handgun uses the way I use GD, Universal and Unique?

_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any 20 ga 3/4 oz Vectan D-20 data?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:37 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:06 am
Posts: 3140
Location: UK, England, Britain
there is metalic data also.

http://www.vectan.fr/UK/reloading-charges


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any 20 ga 3/4 oz Vectan D-20 data?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:03 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Posts: 10269
Location: Covington, WA USA
oneounceload wrote:
Quote:
Think of A1 as their Green dot equivalent/International equivalent, and A0 as their Unique/Universal replacement.


Would they then also work for metallic handgun uses the way I use GD, Universal and Unique?

Yes, in the published reloading manual from Graf and Sons that I posted a link to above :

https://www.grafs.com/uploads/technical ... ile/20.pdf

If you would have looked at that PDF, you would have found some loads for A0 and A1 :

Image

I'm assuming that the data in the interactive menu-based manual from Cook's link are the same as Graf's published loads, but I don't know for sure. When I start loading metallic (for .38 special), I'll be using Vectan propellants, - I'm totally sold on them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any 20 ga 3/4 oz Vectan D-20 data?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:50 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 17323
Saw that data, just looked more like the "B" series was favored for the majority of handgun applications I would be using it for.

_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any 20 ga 3/4 oz Vectan D-20 data?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:10 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Posts: 10269
Location: Covington, WA USA
oneounceload wrote:
Saw that data, just looked more like the "B" series was favored for the majority of handgun applications I would be using it for.

Did you not find any usable loads with Vectan A1 & A0 for whatever handgun loads you load for ?




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 1Dirt15, 737Mech, Bing [Bot], Bird Guide, Burnt Powder, Capri_Man, Carbonizer, cheecho1960, claychick, Cmh07a, Curly-Nohair, dallas251, DanB, DEG, doppelflinten, Dr Duk, DUKFVR, esetter, Five forks, gdkodiak, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], green chile, J.T. Guitar, jfkid, jml, LG66, ohio mike, oldbirdhntr, Oldforester, oregunner, PNS, Proud Dad, rat-man, Rooster booster, RottRouke, RudyN, senorric, Skeet_Man, Turkinator, Yellowstone, Zedbra


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
© 2017 Carbon Media Group Outdoors    - DMCA Notice