It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weird boxes of Federal Field from Sportsman warehouse
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:17 pm 
Field Grade

Friend bought a flat of Fed 1 1/8 field 12ga. from SW in Showlow Az. Each box had a mix of white, blue, red and green Feds hulls. Also a mix of 1 and 1 1/8 oz. Strange deal. Anyone had that happen? Guess that was why they were on sale. They shot ok and hit the bird when he did his part.

Post subject: Re: Weird boxes of Federal Field from Sportsman warehouse
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:05 pm 
Diamond Grade

That mix has been around a while. Originally a Wounded Warrior contribution as I recall. About the same time there were boxes of pink shells - contribution to breast cancer awareness/prevention.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:37 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Those "green" ones have steel shot in them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:04 pm 
Limited Edition

mwr01 wrote:
That mix has been around a while. Originally a Wounded Warrior contribution as I recall. About the same time there were boxes of pink shells - contribution to breast cancer awareness/prevention.

I’ve shot a lot of the red, white and blue, but I’ve never seen green mixed into those.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:11 pm 
Presentation Grade

Yeah, the red/white/blue is a standard-- but they're all just topguns and all the same payload. They're everywhere.
Never seen any green mixed in, or a mix of payload. Do you have the box still? If so, what's it say on the box as the load? I can't see how they would put 1 and 1-1/8oz on the same box...

My thoughts are this: someone opened up some boxes, or dropped them on floor and they opened by mistake... kid or something... and they just stuffed the shells back in whatever box. I don't know of any green Federal shells that have lead in them?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I seem to recall green-colored shotgun shells are a carefully guarded Remington trademark.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:34 am 
Presentation Grade

Herters puts out a very Remington looking transparent green 12 gauge pheasant load.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:54 am 
Field Grade

Only 1 shell was green. Didn't look at it too close so it was probably a spilled box and got inserted in. The 1 1/8 oz shell was the only one too. The box was torn on top so it was prob a dropped box or two that got stuffed with whatever else was on floor. They shot ok though.