It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 800 x powder and 20 gauge reloads
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:02 am 
Presentation Grade

Agreed that everyone hates 800x, except for me. I worked up a nice 16ga hunting load with it and pheasants seem to fall out of the sky pretty well, when my head is on the gun.

I load on a 650 as long as I take my time and run the machine correctly, I am +/- .1 every drop

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

lug,

You either must be bored or up to your butt in cold weather!!

aka Mr. Tactful

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:29 am 
Field Grade

Come back one month ago from Kansas Pheasant hunting, i shoot exclusively my 800 X reloads 20 ga with #5.5 NP lead. it was really good on pheasant. but i reload in Fiocchi SW hulls.
20 gr of 800 X
Fiocchi Primers
Gualandi 2021 wads. (SG 20 M)
1oz # 5.5 NP lead.
on the pattern board : 80 % at 35 yards with a MOD.
work very good even with cold weather. But i load by hand because impossible to have regularity with charge bar.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 am 
Tournament Grade

lugmastro wrote:
Agreed that everyone hates 800x, except for me. I worked up a nice 16ga hunting load with it and pheasants seem to fall out of the sky pretty well, when my head is on the gun.

I load on a 650 as long as I take my time and run the machine correctly, I am +/- .1 every drop

+1

i love 800-X for 16g hunting loads , prefereble 1 1/8oz @ 1330fps 6-5:plated
i use a OMV DVR-3 powder dispenser http://www.omv.it/prodotti/dvr-1/
and mostly new Fiocchi T3 hulls .. Works fine for Golden eye hunt in Dec-jan
( yes we can still use lead for divers )

/ P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:15 pm 
Presentation Grade

dogchaser37 wrote:
lug,

You either must be bored or up to your butt in cold weather!!

Mark not too cold but defintely bored. Just saying 800x isn't all bad, just for most people.

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.