All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the 9000E and add-on accessories
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

beetle wrote:
Curly N wrote:

This is a trial and error situation.
Tighten the pivot bolt down until it starts to bind the actuator arm. Loosen the actuator bolt 1/4 turn and hold it in that position while tightening the jam nut on the back. Check the actuator arm to see if it has any bind.
If no bind, leave everything alone.
If binding, put a wrench on the hex of pivot bolt, use a wrench to loosen jam nut behind the bracket.
Loosen the pivot bolt about 1/8 turn, hold the hex of the actuator bolt with a wrench while you tighten that jam nut on the back of the bracket. Repeat as required. No more adjustment will be required until you replace the actuator lever. Then you will have to repeat the adjustment again in the same manner.

thanks curly, I've made the adjustments as you recommend. I think it's going to work. I've run the machine several times, and unlike before the it doesn't seem like the screw/nut is self-tightening. Will test it the next time I load a bunch of shells.

I'll stand by my original assessment -- one of the best things about the MEC is the wealth of knowledge available :)

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Here is another place MEC could make an improvement for a small price. Replace that bolt with a shoulder bolt.

Steve

Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the 9000E and add-on accessories
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:59 am 
Limited Edition

This was my most important upgrade!

Republican wrote:
For your AutoMate power cord, you should look into one of these right-angle jobs :

https://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-03152 ... NAZY1E2QNF

That stock power cord was always a pet-peeve of mine.