It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adding automate from a MEC 9000 to a MEC 8567
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:25 am 
Tournament Grade

So I have a 8567 grabber for my 28gauge shells and recently picked up a MEC 9000 for my 410 loads. I would rather have the auto advancing on the 28 and not the 410. I've looked at the 2 loaders and it looks like I could easily unbolt the auto advance system from the 410 loader and bolt it to my 8567 loader.

Has anyone done this and is it easily done.

Post subject: Re: Adding automate from a MEC 9000 to a MEC 8567
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:13 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

It could be done. The only thing is that it wouldn't kick the sells out after rotating from station 6. You would have to remove the finished 28 ga. shell by hand as it returned to station 1 like you do with the Grabber. In turn the 410 machine would kick the shells out as it does now.

The shell fence that's riveted on to the base is not serviced by MEC. Maybe they would sell you one on special order, but I doubt it.

Better deal would be to purchase a 28 ga. 9000, and sell the Grabber. Used Grabbers in 28 ga. are in high demand. Selling your used Grabber would be very easy.

DLM

Post subject: Re: Adding automate from a MEC 9000 to a MEC 8567
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have bought a few "shell fences" directly from MEC. It does take a call to the parts dept. because their exploded views don't have it listed. I had to do this because I have converted a couple of Grabbers to "auto-eject" units. The hard part was cutting the small rectangle out of the base that allowed the shell to tip over and slide down the chute.

I do agree with DLM on selling the Grabber and buying another 9000.

Steve