It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Search Function and Results Newer Than 2011
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:10 pm 
Diamond Grade

I posted this under reloading because I was looking for data for reloading Fiocchi 28ga hulls and 2011 was the newest result I got but "old news" results have been the norm for some time.

So first, is there a way to get more recent results when doing a search...other than going off-site and doing a Google search on a topic?

And having several hundred 28ga Fiocchis, what are my best options? On hand I have 20/28, W209s and NS 686s, CB HS wads that I'd like to use. I also have some Unique, Clays, Titewad and maybe a bit of a couple others.

I recall hearing that one can use the recipes for Federal hulls for Fiocchis. Yes, no?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Search Function and Results Newer Than 2011
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:22 pm 
Crown Grade

Maybe this data can help you. The first photo is a page from Lyman's 5th Edition and the second photo is from an older Hodgdon manual.

You'll have to squint a bit to get the text in focus. Sorry about that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If the Nobelsport primers are large enough to stick, I'd go ahead and use 13 grains of Unique under the HS wad. You may need to adjust your machine for a good crimp, but maybe not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Stuck-N-Kali wrote:
So first, is there a way to get more recent results when doing a search...other than going off-site and doing a Google search on a topic?

I would guess the search function on SGW has a glitch. As a test I used- 410 reloading with a MEC - part of a thread title currently on the first page of the reloading forum and it did not show in the results. Hopefully this gets fixed.

Steve