It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where can I find Curly's Mec Sizemaster how to docs?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:47 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi,

I've new to the group and am really enjoying all the great information to be found on this site.

I was reloading shot shells with a Lee Load All 2 but recently purchased a Mec SizeMaster. My understanding is that Curly posted a really great "how to" doc on this press, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks much.

Randy

Post subject: Re: Where can I find Curly's Mec Sizemaster how to docs?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:28 pm 

I have done nothing for a Sizemaster but many things for the 9000 will work.

Look here.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=257155

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:24 am 
Crown Grade

When I got a Sizemaster (several years before a 9000,) I looked for these also. They don't exist. However, I did discover that there are many things identical between the two presses. Read and study the 9000 stuff. If it sounds or looks just like your SM, it is. If you say "I don't have anything like that on my press," you probably don't. The resize collets (and cleaning and lubing) are the same. The actuating linkage for the collet is the same. The collet closer and resize adjustment are different. Most of the dies and their adjustment are the same or very similar. There is no final taper crimp die on the SM. The charge bars are not identical but function very similar, bushings are the same. But, the amount a bushing will drop might be a bit different. The SM bar is manually actuated and does not have a latch. Especially with the new 200 piece plastic tray, the primer feed for a 9000 is quite different from a SM. The old style metal tray feeder for a 9000 is similar , but not the same, as a SM.

If you have specific questions, just ask.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:42 pm 
Limited Edition

Have you checked on MEC'S site to look at their videos. I have also found some help with these.
https://www.mecshootingsports.com/troub ... -sr#videos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:21 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the input everyone. I've been reading this forum for awhile now and have really benefited from all the great information here so I thought it was time to jump in and contribute!