It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Federal comments
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Here you go answers to your questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5zNNk1 ... VaNo-qx-CU

I know this is not as much fun as the lies that some folks spread as the truth but......

aka Mr. Tactful. Common sense no longer appears to be common.
NSCA#544066

Post subject: Re: Federal comments
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:15 pm 
Presentation Grade

Thanks dogchaser!

Largest sales figures of hunting ammo that the Federal conglomerate (Federal, CCI, Speer, and now Remington ammo) has seen in it's 99 year history. And the "missing primer problems" have been caused by ammo production requirements in their own factories. Sounds very familiar to those who have been paying attention to good information sources from the beginning of this shortage.

Wonder if the LE/MIL sales have also set new records in 2020, and what were the comparative production levels between those segments? Seeing that much of Federal's plant capacity was either funded directly or subsidized by MIL production requirements during previous war-time surges, I would guess that was also a big production output, too.

It's going to take major cooling down of the current ammo demand by consumers (civilian, LE, MIL - yeah, all of us) before we see good availability of either ammo, or even later, reloading components. What's the saying...."We have met the enemy, and he is us."?

good luck, garrisonjoe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

{hs#

aka Mr. Tactful. Common sense no longer appears to be common.
NSCA#544066

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:19 am 
Field Grade

Yup -- everybody's gotta quit panicking. I stopped believing *anything* on TV and radio years ago when I figured they were just trying to stir stuff up. Ditto for whats left of the newspapers. They just spent the last 4 years trying to make us panic at everything and then forget the headlines a week later.

It can be funny, tho -- I had a coworker with a sticker in the back window of his truck that said "I love you more than TP" with a picture of a toilet paper roll. Right along with his NRA sticker.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:08 am 
Crown Grade

My "trust" in "news" broke the day that Dateline NBS owned up to trying to **** GM in it's lawsuit over truck fires "caused" by the presence of "side saddle" fuel tanks in 1989, and how Dateline had to own up to having to actually hydraulic fill the tanks in order to GET one to split in a crash AND THEN use hidden Model Rocket Motors (Estes rockets) to ignite the leaking gasoline, because the theorized "broken headlights hot elements" wouldn't do it.

That was the last night I watched that show, and developed a VERY skeptical eye toward news stories since then.

I now follow The Bongino Rule, watch 24 minimum, 48 hrs better, without comment, to find out what the REAL story is, not the story they are telling me is....

21st Century, the Century of the Bull Scat.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:03 pm 
Diamond Grade

It'll be over in a matter of years.

Longer if Joe and the ho have anything to do with it.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/toi ... d-shortage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:30 pm 
Diamond Grade

Me thinks we can now see where Jason's priorities lie. Looks like he's gonna make ammo for the military. Ya know, Nancy has convinced everyone that we are the terrorists now

https://www.thetacticalwire.com/release ... 486f4470a1

Remember recently they said they couldn’t keep up with our demand now all of a sudden the government needs ammo and it’s ‘no problem’, be right there..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:09 am 
Tournament Grade

There is a bridge for sale in Brooklyn, cheap. Watch it it on YouTube.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:11 am 
Presentation Grade

oldtechshooter wrote:
Me thinks we can now see where Jason's priorities lie. Looks like he's gonna make ammo for the military. Ya know, Nancy has convinced everyone that we are the terrorists now

Remember recently they said they couldn’t keep up with our demand now all of a sudden the government needs ammo and it’s ‘no problem’, be right there..

What percentage of Federal's business comes from the government?

In the not too distant past, when I was a buyer, I had suppliers to whom I represented as much as 50% of their business. It wasn't too hard to get to the front of the line............especially since they knew I had the authority to move to another supplier.

Remember, too, the government as lots of leverage to apply (think IRS) and they are all too willing to use it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:11 pm 
Field Grade

OldStufferA5#1911 wrote:
21st Century, the Century of the Bull Scat.

You too?? Yep, me too. The media jumped the shark when they started trying to make the news instead of reporting it. Somewhere back in the 80's. I have not owned a TV or listened to radio since then. A lot of money has been made by convincing people that they are represented by one party or another.

Nowdays everything is online, if you want to know what's really going on, hang out with the kids with their cell phones.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:11 pm 
Crown Grade

Vette Jockey2 wrote:
oldtechshooter wrote:

What percentage of Federal's business comes from the government?

In the not too distant past, when I was a buyer, I had suppliers to whom I represented as much as 50% of their business. It wasn't too hard to get to the front of the line............especially since they knew I had the authority to move to another supplier.

Remember, too, the government as lots of leverage to apply (think IRS) and they are all too willing to use it.

Well, I suppose significantly less than was a couple years ago because Federal no longer runs the Lake City ammo manufacturing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It was never Federal. It was Alliant Technology Systems separate and apart from Vista Outdoors and Winchester does not run it now. Olin Industries does.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:31 pm 
Crown Grade

Throw in the fact that the rem ammo plant was down to 10% production/staffing right before the bankruptcy, and the new management has some catching up to do as it staffs up to 100% again as well.
On the positive note, building and tooling are staying the same in service, so will at least have the old style STS hulls for a while more, until that tooling has to be replaced at some point as it wears out.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/202 ... to-return/

As for the other side of the coin, with Olin now running the LC plant and allowed over runs, frees up some production at it's other plants to get back on top of reloading supplies like primers isntead.

So although it may be some time until rem primers are available for reloaders, Should not be a problem with the Win 209 primers isntead (short of the hording problems itself, for what Olin can produce).