ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It never hurts to stop and look.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Our family drove to a distant town, 40 miles away (pop.1500) in western Nebraska to celebrate our grandson 16th birthday. There was a small gunshop/fishing store near our favorite resturant. The store was small maybe 16 x 20 feet. I went in for a look. The shelves were loaded with powder. I bought Green Dot, Extra Light, Titewad, and Longshot as well as a 1000 primers. I didn't have much time but there was a lot more as well as a bunch in his back room. I think I will return this weekend and pick up more. You never know what you will find. The prices were fair too. Primers were $30. Tightwad was $18/ lb.
When I commented about the powder shortage he did't seem to know what I was talking about :lol:

Post subject: Re: It never hurts to stop and look.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:43 am 
Presentation Grade

It can be hard to not look or act too excited. Nice find! :D

tp

12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (waiting >3 months now for a frikkin' firing pin)

Post subject: Re: It never hurts to stop and look.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:08 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I was explaining / complaining to my wife about the primer shortage while we are down here in Tucson.She said why don't you call that little shop back home and check. I told here "fat chance he would have any left but I did call. He had a 1000 of Fiocchi primers which I snapped up.
We are camping at the Tucson Trap and Skeet Club so I went hull harvesting and with little effort had over a 1000 Fiocchi hulls as there are piles of them everywhere.I have the other components back home. I have loaded Fiocchi in the past with good results.