ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Activ 20 ga reloading
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:53 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have about 1000 once fired Activ 20 ga hulls. I finally found a recipe that works: 7/8 oz of shot, WAA 20 wad and 17.5 gr of Herco with a Win 209. It’s supposed to be around 1200 FPS but I haven’t choreographed it yet. 3-5 reloads before the hulls are shot, and it’s a real nice shooting load for skeet. The hulls are very easy to pick up with a magnet with that steel disc in the base of the hull. It’s a shame that they are no longer made.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

Post subject: Re: Activ 20 ga reloading
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:27 am 
Presentation Grade

I used to have a few of these hulls, used em for 1oz hunting loads as they were ROOMY.
I also liked them as they went through a sizing station with about zero effort.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:04 am 
Crown Grade

I liked them also. Very large capacity.

A less successful attempt was Wanda shells. There was also the Eclipse all plastic shell. It seems that with the price of shells now; a company such as Active or some other might be able to produce a saleable shotgun shell.

Here is an old thread on all plastic shotshells.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 0&start=20

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:55 pm 
Crown Grade

Never had enough 20's to bother, though I hunted for them back in the day.

Have loaded and shot a ton in 12g though. Warm "trap" loads in red and thumpers in tan.

Though my last foray for the thumpers but with 7.5's for an Annie Oakley shoot resulted in a bunch of shot off tubes. Guessing the plastic got brittle over the years.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=448601