ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Primers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:20 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:54 am
Posts: 45
Location: Bakersfield Ca
I know this is a dumb question but has anyone found any primers. I searched for over an hour and no luck. I did managed to see that Academy Sports had some in stock and you can pick them up at the store. I am not sure if I can believe that. They are asking 5.95 for a box of 100 Winchester. Well where I live there is no Academy Sports.




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:38 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 pm
Posts: 1405
Location: Soda Springs, Id.
seein some cheddite's about maybe once a month, but I need either Rio's or Winchesters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:14 pm
Posts: 21549
Location: Just South of Indiana Gun Club!
Keep looking, they show up every once in a while, Ballistic products has Cheddites every so often.


cdb

_________________
NRA Life Member
CZ/Huglu Shooter..912, 912 Tom Knapp Edition, 920, Canvasback Deluxe, 452 FS, and Trek Domone SL 6 Disc Bicycle Rider
Remembering My Friend 2fewdaysafield. The Huglu Drifter, Have Huglu, Will Travel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:53 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:22 pm
Posts: 435
Location: NE South Dakota
Saw a single lot of 16,800 cheddites for a cool $1,700 the other day.

Hard pass on that one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:56 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:18 pm
Posts: 54
southdakbearfan wrote:
Saw a single lot of 16,800 cheddites for a cool $1,700 the other day.

Hard pass on that one.


No kidding, 100 bucks per thousand for Cheddite? I get mine for 30 dollars a box.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:37 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 23356
fiver wrote:
seein some cheddite's about maybe once a month, but I need either Rio's or Winchesters.

You best be happy with whatever you can find as all primers are basically dedicated to ammo production and will be for quite some time

_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 am
Posts: 4788
Location: Annapolis, MD
scooter123 wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:
Saw a single lot of 16,800 cheddites for a cool $1,700 the other day.

Hard pass on that one.


No kidding, 100 bucks per thousand for Cheddite? I get mine for 30 dollars a box.
Where?

_________________
Ceteris paribus, of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:13 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:25 pm
Posts: 2437
Location: NW, CT
Gunbroker is loaded with primers and in fact everything you need.
But people are paying stupid prices. I have watched several sleeves of W209s.
The highest I saw was $775. I saw one the other day that did not sell at $600.
My hope is prices are starting to trend downward.

Watch these W209s,
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894516765

or these Cheddites
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894652593


Jim


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:23 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 74
Location: So. IL
BPI raised the price of their primers. Last week they were $29/brick, 2 days ago they were $35/brick, now they are nearly $38/brick now. They keep raising the price, but don't have any in stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:29 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 23356
They are most likely raising them because their replacement price is going up. None in stock means other folks are getting there before you.

_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:36 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:22 pm
Posts: 435
Location: NE South Dakota
Jim18611865 wrote:
Gunbroker is loaded with primers and in fact everything you need.
But people are paying stupid prices. I have watched several sleeves of W209s.
The highest I saw was $775. I saw one the other day that did not sell at $600.
My hope is prices are starting to trend downward.

Watch these W209s,
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894516765

or these Cheddites
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894652593


Jim


Goes to show it isn’t so much a natural shortage as it is people taking advantage of the panic buying.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:12 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 307
Location: Houston, TX
Keep looking. Ballistic Products still had Cheddite 209s last evening. They’ve been up for 3 days now. I happened to log in on Sunday evening and found 5,000 Winchesters. “Normal” pricing, the premium was the hazmat charge. A little over $200 out the door.

It was just dumb luck, but they were listed for a little over 12 hours before they were gone. They won’t let you hoard, which I like. I’ve heard of you tried to order over a case, you got cancelled. They were out by 7am the next morning.

There are some bot programs scanning most of the commercial sites now, that altert subscribers when stock appears. Personally think that is the main contributor to the outrageous gunbroker listings. Sad state, but it is what it is right now. Keep surfing. Keep the faith.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:42 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:50 pm
Posts: 385
Lexusclays wrote:
Keep looking. Ballistic Products still had Cheddite 209s last evening. They’ve been up for 3 days now. I happened to log in on Sunday evening and found 5,000 Winchesters. “Normal” pricing, the premium was the hazmat charge. A little over $200 out the door.

It was just dumb luck, but they were listed for a little over 12 hours before they were gone. They won’t let you hoard, which I like. I’ve heard of you tried to order over a case, you got cancelled. They were out by 7am the next morning.

There are some bot programs scanning most of the commercial sites now, that altert subscribers when stock appears. Personally think that is the main contributor to the outrageous gunbroker listings. Sad state, but it is what it is right now. Keep surfing. Keep the faith.


I've had some on order for about a month now.

I wonder if they will ship mine too?

_________________
NSCA# 675393
Chasing punches


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:49 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:54 am
Posts: 45
Location: Bakersfield Ca
A couple of days ago I sent an email to Cheddite Factory in France, to my surprise I actually got a response. The lady who e mailed me asked me if I was a business interested in selling cheddite primers. Well i told her no but I do use Cheddite primers and I shoot a lot of sporting clays. She did say that they are sending Cheddite primers to the USA. So that did sound promising.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 553
Location: New Mexico
What would sound promising to me would be if ANY primer manufacturer proudly proclaimed "We have been shipping primers at 2 to 3 times our previous maximum production rates for the last 6 months."

THEN I would START to be relieved.

But in actuality, I would bet Cheddite has been almost continually shipping their normal US production quota for the last ten years. So, although what you got told was literally true, it may be "nothing new" that helps us out of the panic pothole we are in.

good luck, garrisonjoe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:09 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:54 am
Posts: 45
Location: Bakersfield Ca
From what I heard through the grape vine the Cheddite Plant was shunt down for quite a long time because of the virus. Maybe this was true or not who really knows.




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 1 Cor 2:9, 47MolineRTU, 54bullwinkle, 58PERAZZI, AHI, avogunner, Barmaleykin, Bing [Bot], Blockcaver, Bsswampranch, CaseyB02.21.15, Curly N, dannyd93140, DaveInFloweryBranchGA, Der Verge, dirty girdy, dpalmer1969, Drew Hause, dtingey, ebcjr, Ezra Smack, Fasttalker27, fiver, Flashooter, Flyingtargets!, FTRPILOT, fungunner, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, gordmanca905, gunsrfun1, gunwinger, Hollywood22, John Henry, JoM, kjs, komatsu, Lam101, M_Lee, Malcolm7, mb94, mikeydio, Mule Driver, Nsiro, oldshotty, oneounceload, pitandremington, RANGER94, Ric P, rickeroo, Riflemeister, sclagg, sigma_pete, Specklebelly, TDKK, thehoner, Upland Quest, walleyeman, Wchadw, Westender, whit24, woodsltc, YevetS, Zman48, zxcvbnm


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice