ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 9000 automate stuck at bottom
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:14 am 
Presentation Grade

I just replaced and adjusted the finishing die station on my 12 gauge automate. I had the hulls that were in the machine when I changed dies so I began reloading those singly to make sure everything worked. I got to the last hull which had been deprimed and put a primer in station 2 and began the reloading process - this was the only hull in the machine. Powder dropped and all was well. At the next station I pushed the buttons, the turret came all the way down and shot dropped. The green “bottom position” light came on and I lifted my fingers. The turret didn’t lift. It’s stuck. Tried moving the automate wheel but it won’t budge. What’s going on and how do I fix it?
Thanks,
Jeff

Post subject: Re: 9000 automate stuck at bottom
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:01 am 
Crown Grade

First remove the Automate connecting rod from the 9000 and see if the machine returns to the top. Then remove the connecting rod from the Automate wheel and see if the Automate runs.
By "finish die" are you referring to station 5 or 6? If you replaced #5 check and make sure the cam did not move past the roller that is part of the die on station 5.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:04 am 
Presentation Grade

It was station 6.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:33 am 
Crown Grade

Where are you on this?

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:17 am 
Presentation Grade

Thanks for checking in!
Working a lot and haven't had a chance to tackle this yet. Tonight or tomorrow morning.
Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:35 pm 
Presentation Grade

Steve,
Pulled the pin and detached the rod from the machine. Turret popped right up! Turned the wheel to the home position, put pin back in and it works like a charm. Don’t know what happened, but glad it’s all better. Thanks for your help.
Jeff