It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guns Unlimited Special Sporting
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:45 am 
Tournament Grade

I am considering the Special Sporting in 28 ga. My understanding is that these are likely fairly old stock, being special to Guns unlimited. Any ideas how old? And, are the prices of these considered good or reasonable? I have not ruled out a Beretta SP-1 with the baby frame...but Brownings just seem to fit me well. Greatly appreciate your opinions. Quadcab

Post subject: Re: Guns Unlimited Special Sporting
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:59 pm 
Crown Grade

That is not old stock, at least not over a year or two old. It is merely a reintroduction for Guns Unlimited. That particular gun fits me way better than any Beretta I've handled. I think the price is quite attractive considering what you're getting. If I was in the market for another O/U, there'd be no question..........I'd get the Special Sporting. No others need apply.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:49 pm 
Diamond Grade

Don't rule our a Beretta baby frame. We are all different in what gun fits better. The baby frame Beretta fits me better than the browning, and I have owned both.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thank you both for your replies. I have handled the Beretta 28ga baby frame and it seems to fit me well. I am having some difficulty trying to make the decision between the two. Not being able to actually handle the Browning is not helping the process. Don't remember which forum it was on, but someone mad the comment that The Guns Unlimited Special Sporting was old stock. Good to hear otherwise. Quadcab

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

What is the price at Guns Unlimited for the Special Sporting 28 gauge?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:48 pm 
Crown Grade

Carbonizer wrote:
What is the price at Guns Unlimited for the Special Sporting 28 gauge?

Go to the Guns Unlimited website for the current price.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:02 am 
Presentation Grade

Who makes the guns unlimited gun? For me there is none better than the Beretta baby frame 28 gauge. I have a SP3-28 and a SP1-410 same frame handles better than my SP3-20.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

for what its worth I bought a special sporting clays from guns unlimited in feb of 2016. mine is a 12ga but the serial number makes it a 2011 I would think they were all part of the same special order. I to am looking for a 28ga o/u lets hear about it if you get one!