It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Installing Kolar tubes in Beretta 682, with tubeset.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:37 am 
Presentation Grade

Just bought a used Beretta 682 with a set of Kolar tubes in 20, 28, 410ga. Bought used from relative who didn't shoot it. Gun says "SKEET" on the 12ga barrels, and also near the trigger guard on bottom. No chokes, I'm assuming the 12ga barrels are SK choked, and the Kolar set appears to have constrictions marked via engraver on the choke-tube ends such as ".006".

After searching the web and youtube for over an hour, I have concluded that info on how to actually use these things is severely lacking. Nothing on Kolar site on installing them, removing them, no user guide or manual. Found only 2 videos, both were of Briley sets, and and by Muller you have to buy.

Looks pretty simple, I pounded the O and U tube into the 12ga barrels, careful to align the porting holes and the ejector parts. Just tapped them in flush with a small rubber mallet, all looks aligned... I figure that since all the porting holes are properly aligned it must be right.

However, I'm wondering if folks here can point me to some "super thread" talking about Kolar tubes in a Beretta gun? I searched here at SGW for 30 pages back or so and SEARCH function, but only found discussion of "which is better...", and folks talking about cracked 20ga tubes. So a thread link to something would be great. ALSO, where do folks post about these things, hoping this is the right forum?

Lastly, it appears that the 682 has a setscrew placed so the O/U selector switch can't be moved, AND it also appears the safety is fixed in place in the OFF position-- I can't move it foreward or aft, and when the gun is closed the triggers can be pulled and pins fire... Is this a normal modification made to dedicated skeet guns? And if so, can the safety be made to function correctly-- I don't like having one gun without a safety, and I may want to hunt dove with it and want that safety functional.

THANKS!

Post subject: Re: Installing Kolar tubes in Beretta 682, with tubeset.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:46 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Briley has a simple video on You-Tube showing insertion and removal of tube sets. Works for Briley or Kolar. Kolar might have one too. The choke system on the Kolar is the big difference, but if they were fitted to a fixed choke barrel, all should work the same.

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:38 am 
Presentation Grade

Thx Bob.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:59 pm 
Crown Grade

Fairly common to have the bbl selector fixed and the safety as well on a skeet gun. In skeet if you pull the trigger on an empty bbl, it's a lost target. Safety on? lost target.

Shouldn't be a problem to find the pin that locks the safety in place and remove it. I believe it will be separate from the set screw that stops the bbl selector from operating.

One of Many