CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sabatti O/U shotguns
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:53 pm 
Field Grade

I have an opportunity to possibly aquire one these in 20ga for a very good price (my opinion anyway). The pictures of the gun look nice but, I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about them. The Sabatti website was some help but I was looking for more hands on experience/ opinion.
Thanks for the help,

Post subject: Re: Sabatti O/U shotguns
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 am 
Field Grade

I shoot a Remington STS made by Sabatti. Great gun with over 6K rounds through it with no problems. All skeet. I really had to modify the stock since I'm a left hander and all those Italians must be very right handed.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:49 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Without knowing what this "very good price" you speak of actually is, it's hard to tell you whether or not it's a worthwhile deal.

Generally, these aren't known as great guns, and I'd suggest you stick with the usual suggestions of Browning, Beretta, SKB, etc...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:42 pm 
Field Grade

Sabatti is actually a well-known fine firearm manufacturer located in Gardone valley in Brescia, Italy, a town right by next to Marcheno, where B. Rizzini, C. Guerini, and many other fine gun makers are located. That specific region, both Gardone and Marcheno, is the firearm powerhouse of Italy. If you look up a map online, you can see how close Beretta and Sabatti are located from each other, and in fact, they are actually business partners...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:45 pm 
Field Grade

Sabatti's history of business dated back in the early years of the 1700’s. Not sure what model you were referring to here...but IMHO, their business would not have a chance to last for centuries if they couldn't keep up their quality competing with other fine Italian gun makers in the same region, and Beretta wouldn't have done business with Sabatti if they couldn't make their guns well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Remington tried to sell their Sabattis (STS Premiers) at a price point to compete with the B guns. That didn't work out, so they sold them out at about 1/2 price, and discontinued them. They are good $1000 guns. At $2000, not so much. Mark