CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zoli "Z Gun" question.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:19 am 
Presentation Grade

My retirement bonus is getting close enough that I want to ramp up my O/U research. A "Z" gun is one of many on my list. I haven't had a quality choked tubed, steel rated O/U for decades so that is the goal.

The current Zoli's interest me. I like a lighter gun even for clays and am happy using very light 12 ga. loads to compensate. Thinking about one of the lighter Zoli "field" guns. I think they are called "Game" or "Extra Game" and or "Exhibition"? "Columbus" also?

My question is this: Do all the current Zoli's, even the non-clays purposed guns (non-Bilanx, Kronos etc.) I've read so much about have the Boss type action and drop out trigger which have been lauded by posters here? Also, what's the deal with the Kronos? Same quality as the higher end guns but just plainer wood and less bling? That would be fine with me, I'd rather spend the extra on lessons, shells, tournaments and travel than the bling...although I admire great wood and engraving in other's guns. Just have to watch the family budget and can't justify it right now.

I will be contacting dealers for some clarification but wanted to hear what you may have to say. Is there a Kronos equivalent field or game gun?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Zoli "Z Gun" question.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:36 am 
Tournament Grade

Don't know about the field guns . But the Kronus is the same gun as the Z-Gun is , all of the Zoli comp guns have the drop out trigger , but the trigger parts in the Z-Gun's have a titanium coating on them to help with wear . I think the Zoli guns are the best bang for the dollar in a comp clay gun . I would have bought the Kronus if i didn't find such a good deal on a Z-Gun with a host of extras with it ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

You can buy this gun cheaper than a new Kronus .

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=278969

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:55 am 
Tournament Grade

G.G.,

The Zoli Expedition is the field version of the Kronos.
You can most likley find one on the web.

CT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:29 pm 
Crown Grade

And they all have the drop out trigger. As far as the coating on the trigger parts of the Z gun: Not a bit of functional difference. The stock dimensions are slightly different. A friend bought a 20 gauge Expedition. Nice looking gun!
Dave