CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A call to arms - once again Huglu bad mouthing
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:04 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Fellow in the left hand shooters forum wants a gun for his son, doesn't want to spend $$$$$. I suggested looking at a Huglu and to also see if TRImports has a deal going. The "B" boys are there too and poo-poo on buying a gun that won't last.

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Post subject: Re: A call to arms - once again Huglu bad mouthing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

Don,
I'm the fellow with the post. I own a Huglu, so I'll offer an opinion....
Solid gun and fabulous value. CZ was the best thing that ever happened to them....the Armsco guns were inconsistent...CZ made them clean up their act.

they are what they are....not a Browning, but about half the price so you shouldn't expect one. A really good idea for a first trap gun, but probably not a 15 year gun.

I really like the SxS's (but I'm a sucker for a SxS!). The O/U's are heavy to me.

If you're going to criticize Huglu, then you better also go after the Mossburg and Stevens offerings...because I don't think they come close to the CZ/ Huglu guns.

One complaint...unless something has changed, they all come at 14.75" LOP. Way too long for most.

Trail

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Trail wrote:
One complaint...unless something has changed, they all come at 14.75" LOP. Way too long for most.

Trail

14.75 LOP? I have 5 Huglus, 2 O/U, 3 SxS...all have 14.5 LOP. These are all '06 or '07 guns. One of us has clearly gotten a few oddballs.

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

OMG has a whole new meaning. OBAMA MUST GO!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:59 pm 
Diamond Grade

...giving someone good advice isnt "bad mouthing". Buying a cheap gun for target shooting, no matter who makes it, isn't a good idea.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:35 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

clink83 wrote:
...giving someone good advice isnt "bad mouthing". Buying a cheap gun for target shooting, no matter who makes it, isn't a good idea.

Calling your opinion "good advice" is arrogance.

A Huglu can make a fine dedicated target gun depending on how much the owner is going to shoot it.

Plenty of dedicated target guns that don't get shot more than 2-3 thousand rounds per year.

Definition of "dedicated".......Devoted to a task or purpose.

So....If someone had been strictly a hunter and decided to take up Trap shooting and discovered that his preferred hunting gun was not terribly well suited to Trap and decided to get a "dedicated" Trap gun it would be a "dedicated" Trap gun if he used it solely for Trap shooting.....regardless if he shot it 500 times per year or 15,000 times per year.

A Huglu would not be the best choice for a dedicated high volume Trap gun but would be just fine as a dedicated Trap gun if it was likely to be shot 5,000 rounds or less per year.

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

OMG has a whole new meaning. OBAMA MUST GO!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:50 am 
Limited Edition

The "bad mouthing" of Huglu's from the "B" boys is typical of those who have not shot one. I have two(SxS and O/U) from Mark DeHaan and love them. If others want to say bad things about them, it doesn't bother me if they want to show their ignorance - I like mine! And I have several Browning, Beretta, and Benelli shotguns(did I miss any "B"s?)

Just like the 45 GAP on the Glock forum - those who have them(45 GAP/Huglu) usually like them. Those who haven't tried them, or have different requirements, don't. Either way, I will continue to enjoy mine(45 GAP and DeHaan)