CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta owners questions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:39 am 
Field Grade

When a Beretta OU is advertised as left does that mean it is cast for a lefty or just a palm swell for lefty. I have handled a regular black onyx and it was a sweet pointing gun, just curious if the left hand wood makes that much difference.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

Post subject: Re: Beretta owners questions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:46 am 
Limited Edition

Cast and palm swell...

And yes, it makes a difference. I recently switched out the wood on my SP I to lefty wood I no longer have to fight to get a proper cheek weld and sight down the rib. Mounting the gun properly is a snap!

Now, if it actually improves my shooting is yet to be determined. But I can no longer blame the gun... RATS!

Jamie

Post subject: Beretta owners questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:08 am 
Field Grade

Was it expensive to swap wood? I bet it was, wording of bending existing stock would be an cheaper option.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:11 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

JMintzer wrote:
Cast and palm swell...

And yes, it makes a difference. I recently switched out the wood on my SP I to lefty wood I no longer have to fight to get a proper cheek weld and sight down the rib. Mounting the gun properly is a snap!

Now, if it actually improves my shooting is yet to be determined. But I can no longer blame the gun... RATS!

Jamie

Jamie,

Good to hear the LH stock is working for you. :D (I am the guy you bought it from awhile back).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:17 am 
Limited Edition

patton1 wrote:
Was it expensive to swap wood? I bet it was, wording of bending existing stock would be an cheaper option.

I paid $400 for a very nice set of lefty wood (it was a higher grade and had the brass insert for engraving on the stock). I bought it here on the forum. I installed it myself. It did require a bit of fitting, and while not perfect, it came out great!

I figure, I'll sell the righty wood and recoup most of my costs...

Right now, Beretta has a few lefty stocks on sale...

http://www.berettausa.com/products/bere ... h/?F_All=Y

http://www.berettausa.com/products/bere ... h/?F_All=Y

Jamie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:22 am 
Limited Edition

stripersonfly wrote:
JMintzer wrote:
Cast and palm swell...

Jamie

Jamie,

Good to hear the LH stock is working for you. :D (I am the guy you bought it from awhile back).

{hs# I finally installed it over New Year's weekend. I was going to wait till the weather turned bad and send it to Beretta to have it done, but everyone kept saying it was an easy home project.

I did have on major snafu, when trying to enlarge the holes for the recoil pad screws (the walnut is such a hard wood, the screws were stripping), I snapped off a drill bit in the stock. I had to drill it out, plug the hole and re drill a new hole. I took the better part of the weekend, but I finally got it done. You can only see my screw-up if you take the recoil pad off. Otherwise, it's hidden.

I also had to file/sand down the fore-end a bit, as it was very tight and difficult to attach. But, slow and steady, it fits perfectly now!

Jamie