CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Clay shooting O/U shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:11 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi,
I'm looking to buy an O/U 12ga shotgun. I'm LH so I would like a LH configuration (cast on and palm swell) or a neutral one. I will use it mainly for recreationnal clay shooting but I would also like to eventually get involved in competition (I don't know yet wether it will trap skeet or sporting clay so I would like a shotgun that would let me try all of them if possible). I want a shotgun that will last long and that is nice looking (quality of wood is important to me). I'm whilling to spend about 3000-4000$. What would your suggestions be? Yet, I've been looking at beretta but I'm open to anything.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Clay shooting O/U shotgun
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:39 am 
Crown Grade

I use a Cynergy sporting o/u and really like it. I disabled the ejectors so it only extracts the empties for reloading. Adding an adjustable comb lets me use it for all games.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:41 pm 
Limited Edition

Give the Caesar Guerini's a long serious look.

BOB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

This meets your criteria:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =274582408

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm 
Limited Edition

Look at the CG line

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 pm 
Utility Grade

I too am a left handed shooter and recently purchased a CZ mallard and it is a perfect fit for me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:15 am 
Utility Grade

yep, i'm a lefty, and my cz side by side fits me perfectly. for that matter, so does my cz .204 ruger rifle...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Feryoto wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking to buy an O/U 12ga shotgun. I'm LH so I would like a LH configuration (cast on and palm swell) or a neutral one. I will use it mainly for recreationnal clay shooting but I would also like to eventually get involved in competition (I don't know yet wether it will trap skeet or sporting clay so I would like a shotgun that would let me try all of them if possible). I want a shotgun that will last long and that is nice looking (quality of wood is important to me). I'm whilling to spend about 3000-4000$. What would your suggestions be? Yet, I've been looking at beretta but I'm open to anything.

Thank you

DeHaan SGr with grade 5 wood!! I have a LH SGr O/U with only grade 3 (std) but with adjustable comb monte carlo & LH palm pistol grip stock. Also came with 2 barrel sets. It was well under $3K and adding grade 5 wood would still be possible for under $4K, I think.

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
― Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:31 pm 
Utility Grade

I shoot shoot left handed,but I use a right handed auto and an o/u for trap. People ask way too much for left handed autos. The o/u is what works well for lefty's. I learned with right handed guns so i am used to it, just have to adapt. Although my scores are the same no matter the dexterity of the gun.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:28 pm 
Field Grade

I bought a Guerini Magnus sporting left hand back in october, been very happy with it. Heres a LH summit sporting on gunbroker from the same dealer that I bought mine - call him on the phone or email and they will give you a good price.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =284779243

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:06 am 
Utility Grade

+1 on Sportsman's Finest. I was there last week. They have left handed guns in stock.

I got a factory left handed Beretta DT-10 and it is a nice gun if you can find one like it.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:34 am 
Field Grade

If you can find a LH Zoli you will be very pleasantly surprised at the feel and pointability.

The overall shootability of the gun is impressive.

I went from a LH Browning 525 to the zSport and feel as if my average scores went up 4-5 birds.

It has to be the fit and maybe any gun would have helped if the fit was the same.

None the less...my experience. YMMV.

Post subject: Clay shooting O/U shotgun
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:27 pm 
Limited Edition

Visit a good dealer and shoulder a few. I like a lower profile gun so the Beretta and CGs were nice. The Browning 725 is a nice gun too. Just make sure whatever you buy, leave some scratch to have it fit to you.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:49 pm 
Utility Grade

Antlerfan wrote:
I too am a left handed shooter and recently purchased a CZ mallard and it is a perfect fit for me

I recently purchased a CZ-912 to find it cast off. I sent an email to CZ asking them if there were any options, and asked about their O/U's and recieved this answer from them:

"Sean,

Sadly, the only shotgun we carry that isn’t cast off for a right-handed shooter is the 712 ALS semi-automatic.

Sorry I didn’t have a better answer for you. Thanks,

Zach Hein
CZ-USA"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:14 pm 
Limited Edition

Lefty here and partial to the Beretta 68X series. I've never had a 68 feel or fit bad with a cast on stock and you can find LH stocks for them everywhere, probably why I have three of them. I just bought another LH stock, fore end, pad, and bolt for $200.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:53 pm 
Field Grade

You are heading in the right direction. I have 3 LH 682's. I had the beretta service center swap one and Cole's provided the others. I might even sell one. email ^%xhsmithjr@nc(dot)rr(dot)com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

screate wrote:
Antlerfan wrote:

I recently purchased a CZ-912 to find it cast off. I sent an email to CZ asking them if there were any options, and asked about their O/U's and recieved this answer from them:

"Sean,

Sadly, the only shotgun we carry that isn’t cast off for a right-handed shooter is the 712 ALS semi-automatic.

Sorry I didn’t have a better answer for you. Thanks,

Zach Hein
CZ-USA"

Cost is a lot more than the CZ production guns, but DeHaan sells the Huglu custom shop versions of the same guns. He can supply both LH SxS or O/U made to your spec's. Plus action opening lever can be made to swing reversed for LH also. You can also order adjustable comb and/or monte carlo stocks with LH palm swell and up to grade 5 wood. Sadly CZ/Huglu doesn't offer a LH action for their semi auto's. Try Tristar for a LH receiver Semi.

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
― Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:34 am 
Utility Grade

I use a Browning Cynergy Sporting for sporting clays. this one is pretty neutral. I am getting ready to purchase a Caesar Guerini and have them install a LH stock. Their customer service is amazing and the turn around time for the LH stock is right away. its one reason why I moved away from beretta. although they do make fine guns.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:38 pm 
Field Grade

I just recently bought a new Beretta SV10 Prevail III. Beretta had (has?) left-handed wood for that gun. All I did was order the gun through my local dealer, and Beretta send a "regular", ie: right-handed, one to their service department to have the wood switched to left-handed. They keep the RH wood and all it cost me was $200 service fee to have the stock switched. Boom!

(Only works for guns that are new, never left the dealer.)

Try doing that aftermarket and tell me how much it hurts.

Toby
Rochester, NY.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:39 pm 
Diamond Grade

Whether intentional or not, my CZ Canvasback is dead neutral and feels just like my 1956 Browning Superposed.

Gig 'Em Aggies!
Boosting the numbers with every post

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.