It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanksgiving Shootout questions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Station #8 or #9; the true pair right before you turned to come back. Was a black quartering off the tower and a low chandelle coming in from right to left. Squad before us shot it both ways. I shot the black bird first and then then the chandelle, but I felt that I didn't have enough time to run with the black bird and shot it to quickly. Then I switched to the chandelle first and hit that early, but the black bird was way out and falling and not anything I could make a plan on. I think the answer was I should have mounted to the lead and just fired. What would you do?

Station #12 was four true pair of an orange quartering high bird and the high black battaue. I shot the orange bird first (missed it 4 times) and the battaue (hit 3 times). The first bird I had the gun off my face, but almost mounted. I ran with it what I thought was right twice and then more than I thought twice. Not sure what happened there. Would you say this target needed a lot of lead or not much?

Everything else on the main I know what went wrong.

I just want to forget about the 5 stand.

"Both Texas Tiger and Marist summarized proper pull away very well in the first two replys to your question." -- ZKienbaum
"You are exactly right." -- Mike McAlpine

Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving Shootout questions
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:22 am 
Clays Expert
Clays Expert

The true pair you are asking about on station #9 I would of shot the black tower bird first with an unmounted gun and a short mount. With using my timing of my mount to insert all of the lead with a mms approach. I think you need to visualize you BPs better while rehearsing the station prior to being up so you know how much time you have.

#13. The standard target off the platform should of been treated like a trap-teal. Mark the line, pre-mount or Pre-mount with head up if needed and shoot it aggressive like any going away target. The front edge was 11:00.

Let me know if this help??? Did you ever check dates I sent you ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:34 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks for the quick response!

deadbird995 wrote:
The true pair you are asking about on station #9 I would of shot the black tower bird first with an unmounted gun and a short mount. With using my timing of my mount to insert all of the lead with a mms approach. I think you need to visualize you BPs better while rehearsing the station prior to being up so you know how much time you have.

Yes, that's what I thought...after the fact. I should have just stuck to my plan instead of being influenced by others.
Quote:
#13. The standard target off the platform should of been treated like a trap-teal. Mark the line, pre-mount or Pre-mount with head up if needed and shoot it aggressive like any going away target. The front edge was 11:00.

I overshot it then. I saw it more as a crossing target and opened up sizable lead.

Quote:
Let me know if this help??? Did you ever check dates I sent you ?

Yes, this helps a lot.

Yes, I think you confirmed 12/17 at 12. Got to get another one in, but you're not taking appts for Jan/Feb yet.

"Both Texas Tiger and Marist summarized proper pull away very well in the first two replys to your question." -- ZKienbaum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

marist89 wrote:
Yes, I think you confirmed 12/17 at 12. Got to get another one in, but you're not taking appts for Jan/Feb yet.

Yeah, you confirmed 12/17@12-2.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:36 pm 
Clays Expert
Clays Expert

Got it!