It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Low Rib Guns
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:08 pm 
Limited Edition

Hey Anthony,

Would you express your opinions as to why you prefer a low rib gun?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Low Rib Guns
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Oh boy.

"Both Texas Tiger and Marist summarized proper pull away very well in the first two replys to your question." -- ZKienbaum
"You are exactly right." -- Mike McAlpine

Post subject: Re: Low Rib Guns
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:09 pm 
Clays Expert
Clays Expert

My observations about high rib guns:

20% of people shoot a high rib better than flat rib

40% of people shoot either about the same

40% of people shoot much worse with a high rib gun

I personally don't know what category I fit in because I don't have enough time to determine this.

For most people I feel the odds are inherently better for them to shoot a flat rib gun. My observations above certainly prove this to be true assuming the shooter does not know what group they fit into.

Those who struggle with high rib guns generally do so from a lack of awareness of the muzzle. This will always be worse on low targets and in bad backgrounds. Generally the most common error with a high rib is inserting the gun low or under the line on low crossing targets. This is generally from lack of muzzle awareness. I have seen have many perception issues with high ribs.

The best thing about a high rib is you don't see the barrel. The worse thing about a high rib is you don't see the barrel.

The argument for high ribs based on top shooters using them is inherently flawed as none of todays top shooters learned how to shoot using a high rib.

Good question and fairly debated topic..