It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 110 targets
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:17 pm 
Field Grade

Anthony,

At the NE regional, in the main and in fitasc, there were a number of 110 international targets. When I see one listed on the menu, should I have altered my approach in any way? For instance, when i see that a midi is being thrown I tell myself it's not as far as it can appear and that it will bleed off speed quicker than a standard and it helps me hit it. I felt after the shoot that i didn't give some of the 110s enough.

Post subject: Re: 110 targets
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

110 = faster and less dome so it maintains speed better.

"Both Texas Tiger and Marist summarized proper pull away very well in the first two replys to your question." -- ZKienbaum
"You are exactly right." -- Mike McAlpine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:33 am 
Crown Grade

Aren't they harder too?

Eye on the rock, head on the stock.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

xsshooter wrote:
Aren't they harder too?

Yes, they can withhold the stress of a stronger spring.

"Both Texas Tiger and Marist summarized proper pull away very well in the first two replys to your question." -- ZKienbaum
"You are exactly right." -- Mike McAlpine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

Too much thinking... LOOK at the TARGET

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:08 pm 
Diamond Grade

Capt Rich wrote:
Too much thinking... LOOK at the TARGET

Yep, too much thinking but really when you begin your move, don't think at all. Try and put a laser visual on whatever part of the target is best for that particular presentation in your predefined break zone. To do that for 100 NSCA targets, it's tiresome - that's why we can't do it for 100 consecutive targets. Brad Kidd told me it's a staring contest - it's that important.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm 
Crown Grade

Since when do they tell you what the target is in the FITASC competition? We had a fairly new target at the Open - a 70mm which,m if I was told correctly, had only been seen once before - at the Worlds a few weeks prior. Interestingly enough, most folks were able to hit it every time.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:14 am 
Clays Expert
Clays Expert

When you are formulating a plan you need to take into consideration that a 110 could potentially be thrown faster and can maintain its speed longer. That being said it could also be thrown as a slow target.